Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom Petty and a whole lot of country. My first year in college was Garth Brooks and Shania Twain. There are times I hear a song and it takes be back to a time, good or bad, and makes me nostalgic or melancholy. Some of my all time favorites are Hymns, I love them! Often times on special ones I can hear my grandfather singing along, that's true of some country songs. I mean just the other day I put on a 60's country music station and heard a song and had to step back and let the memory run it's course. It was a song we had played when Grandpa Great was on his death bed and we were just playing music in the back ground. Some song about Laredo.

All that to say, there are some songs and an artist right now that Ive been listening too. Here are the lyrics to one of her songs that I use as a "get out the door song".

You Say

I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I’m not enough Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know You say I am loved When I can’t feel a thing You say I am strong When I think I am weak You say I am held When I am falling short When I don’t belong You say I am Yours And I believe I believe What You say of me I believe The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me In You I find my worth, in You I find my identity You say I am loved When I can’t feel a thing You say I am strong When I think I am weak You say I am held When I am falling short When I don’t belong You say I am Yours And I believe I believe What You say of me I believe Taking all I have and now I’m laying it at Your feet You have every failure, God, and You’ll have every victory You say I am loved When I can’t feel a thing You say I am strong When I think I am weak You say I am held When I am falling short When I don’t belong You say I am Yours And I believe I believe What You say of me I believe Oh, I believe Yes, I believe What You say of me Oh, I believe

Every time I listen to this song the words move in different ways, like every day it's something different that speaks to me. Some days it about brings me to my knees. There are a few other songs that she has that I really enjoy. But for now, that one and Trust You is the other one I really listen too.

Alright, now I'm off to work. I have 2 jobs...first job I love and it doesn't feel like work, the other job IS work and I don't particularly enjoy it. BUT it's a job...I also opted to not work at the pumpkin patch this year.  I really should have...I miss working there and I know I'm going to miss the little paycheck as well. That money will be missed come early November and on into Christmas.  Hindsight is 20/20 they say. Hopefully next year I will be able to have  a spot there and work.  It will be tough and is always physically draining, and I miss out on things but that little paycheck really does make a difference in our little world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIaT8Jl2zpI

This link takes you ( I hope) to watch Lauren Daigle's video of You Say...enjoy

1 comment:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...