Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Off Track

Well alrighty...I have seriously fallen off track with this blogging thing.  I know...I know, what can I say life happens right?

It's not that I don't have anything to blog about, but it's like my friend says, we have about a million of them all up in our head, we just haven't penned them yet.  I am hoping for some time to upload some pictures of all the things we have been doing since even before school got out for the summer.  Better yet I don't think I've blogged about camping Memorial weekend...there were a few good things about that. There have been WAY better camping trips than that weekend that's for sure but a few moments stuck out in my head.

School has been out for a little over a week now and I'm happy to report that all children and husband are alive and breathing.....


......



.....


.....for now that is!  If the oldest child does not get his act together I am not responsible!  He was promoted or whatever you call it at your school from 5th to 6th grade and I am horribly afraid for this year coming up.  I am praying that he does some serious maturing over the summer or this will be one of the most miserable years on record school wise.  I know there is only so much preparing you can do until he experiences it...but man oh man!  I am 'sore' afraid, really!


I'm a little taken aback at how school has only been on for a little over a week and I am already feeling like my summer is booked...how the heck did that happen?? And yet I can look at my calendar and see plenty of free days.  I have a plan...I am going to spend a day, or two if I'm feeling crazy, where I'm going to just READ A BOOK! The kicker will be however that I will NOT feel guilty about it.  Not one iota! 



Lee has an ENT appointment this Friday...I'm wondering if we'll be going in for his 6th set of tubes this summer.  Not sure what I feel about that...I guess I want him to hear the best he can...even if that means another one. The thing is they don't get easier the older they get, they can remember the last time they did this.  No fooling those kids anymore, you know?  I am really proud of him this year though, the last half of the year he really did great in school, grade wise.  He really pulled a lot of grades (or numbers in our school...why don't they use letters in report cards anymore???) up over the last part of the year.  It seems with that kid we always hit a rough patch and we barely make it to the end...it's like we skid to halt just barely touching the finish line with him.  But this year was slightly different at the end...his report card reflected that.  I hope he does well next year...I have my reservations about his teacher but I've talked to the school and everyone is aware of what my concerns are...Sigh.


Well those are just a few things going on.  I hope to set aside a day also to catch up on blogging so you all can stalk me...cause I know you do!



Talk or post soon everyone!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...