Sunday, December 23, 2012

Black Angel

There are some things that just don't ever change and this is one of them.  My husband for as long as I can remember...and yes it's not been that long...like 13years but you get what I mean, has been making black angel cookies.  This has been happening long before he ever met me.  He was so funny...he put the icing on and then promptly declared that "There! I have decorated a cookie and I'm done!" What a goofball!

Sadly, however as I was moving cookies and plates and mainly getting ready for tomorrow at Grandma Great's house for Christmas Eve, and I hit my plate on something and about half of my really good cookies came off the plate and fell on the floor!! Including the black angel!! Oh I could have cried...seriously that was where I was at that point.  There is a reason I only do cookies with my kids once a year!  Ugh!  I really need to get better about letting the boys in the kitchen...they need to start learning to cook things...at least Ian, he's 10 for heaven's sakes!

Sigh...It has been a series of long days of shopping, cooking, lack of sleeping, cleaning...and I'm sure you all are doing it too.  Who has wrapping gifts left?  Has anyone started?  I haven't and I'm really not looking forward to it.  I'm not opposed to just throwing it all under the tree and calling it good.  When they wake up in the morning just say Merry Christmas and what'd you get? :) 

Well with that update I should also say I have a computer...THANK GOODNESS!  So I'm hoping to have more updates and blog posts...and seriously having some back logged posts from this summer!  I haven't been able to blog about a darn thing!!! 

If I don't get on again, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Safe New Year!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...