Friday, August 13, 2010

Kayak Point

Hello all! I know it's been forever and a day since I've last posted something...OK well not that long. Either way, here we are again...same bat channel people!

The last weekend of July a friend and I took our boys camping to Kayak Point. We usually try and go camping at least once a summer but last year we didn't and I think this summer we are making up for it. We have this trip and then another on in 2 weeks I believe. That on is going to be at Crescent Bar and we are going to have a blast there too!

I've said it before and I'll say it again....I love camping with my friend because there is no stress and no expectations required of me. I am not worried about my kids bothering someone or them being annoying. It's just one of the most relaxing times for me camping with her. This time around camping didn't disappoint. We had so much fun and I think our kids had a blast. We had smores, fires, sticks, bugs, raccoons, squirrels, water, hermits, crabs, and dogs. Put that all together and you have memories that will live on.

Here are a few pictures from our trip.

Dru putting his two bits worth in the water. I just really like this picture artistically...I just really like it...it's probably not artistic at all.
My goof ball of a kid. He was being funny with his hat. He had such a good time camping. He really likes it and can't get enough of doing stuff and trying to keep up with the big boys. Or is it the big boys are trying to keep up with him? Either way the kid doesn't know he's little and he thinks he's as big as they are. Kinda like small dogs don't know they are little and bark at really big dogs...
My friend Nikki...I have known this woman for a long time. Since I was a little girl...she's my guardian angel...but that's another story for another time and date. This is my friend's dog Scout. She makes me want a Chihuahua...and not just me, my boys too. She was looking all little and cold here and wanted me to pick her up and snuggle with her...so I picked her up of course.

One of my biggest stresses when we go camping are my children and them staying warm at night. I managed to keep myself up that first night for HOURS wondering and making sure they were warm. I laid on my bed and every time they made a move I clicked on my flashlight to see if they were OK. My OCD kicked in overdrive that night! My butt was dragging that night. Next time I just need to quell my OCD and pack a bunch of extra blankets and cover them each. That will help a lot next time. Usually Frank is there with me to tell me to knock it off and they will be fine...he was in Detroit getting all smart that camping trip...so I was left to my own devices to torture myself. Suffice it to say...not one of them woke up and said they were cold...it was just me being neurotic...of course.

So I didn't worry needlessly about the littlest one he slept in bed with me...where he normally is anyway. He looks all innocent there but he's a horrible bed hog! He talks in his sleep and he kicks in his sleep and he REALLY doesn't like socks or footy pj's...he'll give you hell all night for that! I feel bad for his future wife...sorta.
We had so much fun, spent the day at the beach talking while the kids played in the water. Kids played at the park and we walked on the dock and watch people pulling crab pot after pot full of Rock Crab. It was fun. I can't wait for Crescent Bar...last year we made homemade ice cream...we all took turns churning and we had our own little back yard concert put on by other people in the development. Those were good times sitting there with our Lynchberg Lemonades...speaking of those. I'll have to remember to get some of those fixin's!
Take care folks and try to stay cool in our version of a heatwave!

2 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...