Sunday, August 15, 2010

No Guts, No Glory

On Friday my husband took Dru and Lee out fishing. He took them fishing because their older brother got to go salmon fishing with out them. This was their end of the deal I suppose is the best way to put it. Anyway, off these guys went to the fishing hole and came back with these keepers. Frank took them to a place that was guaranteed to catch some fish...it was a hot day and the lakes would be packed and that would make for a frustrating day for a 3 and 6 year old! Frank didn't want to be that guy! I couldn't believe how short of a time they were gone...I thought they would be gone a long time and I would say maybe an hour...guess the fish were biting!

So here are the fellas with their catch. They each caught a big one and then medium, on down to a little one. A close up...we kept the big ones and gave the rest to Oma and Grandpa. They were SO excited to get them. They apparently love trout.
Dru, he had so much fun riding in his dad's truck and fishing. The fishing hole they went too does birthday parties. I'm undecided if I want to spend that kind of change, but it does get people out of my house and no wrestling in my house. It does have it's perks...


Lee started teasing Dru with the fish...kinda was funny although Dru wasn't sure what to think or do. Which made it all the more funny. Charlie did so good with all this fish around, honestly I don't think he quite knew what to make of it all.


Frank gutting the fish in our front yard. The boys also wanted to see the heart so we had to find that. Just so you know...trout is WAY smellier than salmon...why is that? And it was gross, at least on the salmon boat they cleaned the fish for you so I didn't have to see this kind of stuff. At least Frank didn't fillet himself this time, he did with the salmon..we think to the knuckle bone but that's a guess at best.
This is a video not for the faint of heart. It's of Frank gutting the fish and finding the heart for the boys and me getting the boys, OK well Lee playing with the fish and giving them head trauma from dropping the darn things (guess I'm glad they are dead before Lee got a hold of them). I'll do another post on Ian's fishing trip soon. I hope everyone is surviving the heat OK, only one more day for the heat advisory and then we are home free...sorta. Just won't be in the really high 90's.


2 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...