Thursday, August 19, 2010

Practice

Today was THE day!! Dru finally got to have his first experience in a sport and practice. We have finally started soccer!!!! Yippeee! So off we go to practice and we get there and there's this all girls team practicing. But that's OK, because I managed to make us early so NO worries. I get us all out and set up, kids are sitting away from each other because by golly George these kids will behave! I WILL look like a good parent on the outside...wrong! Ten minutes have come and gone and I'm starting to worry...I missed an email that said practice was cancelled, no other little people are showing up. Sigh...then it hits me...could I possibly be at the wrong park? NO! Maybe? NO! Yes...I am at the wrong park! DANG! I need to be at the other end of the street!
So folks, I was that parent that brought their kid late...you know sometimes when you try it just doesn't pay! So poor Dru was late to his first ever practice. Dru being Dru was not put out by it all and showed up ready to listen to his coach and to play/practice hard. To top it all off he had his buddy on his team with him...life couldn't' get better could it?
Here is the team, coed, with their coach. Check out those orange shorts! Life is getting better and better! The goal of this practice was to kick the ball at the coach and get her and in return she would make an animal sound of their choice. They didn't quite know what to make of it but did have a good time...we had a zebra, T-Rex, horses, a bear and a pig.
Roar! I think someone asked for a bear...
The mountain was out today and it was beautiful! Someday I will get to this mountain and either camp or hike with the boys. They should see the infamous Mt. Reindeer...
Coach doing the coaching...Dru's outfit cracks me up because his shorts are so long and his shin guards go up so far...but what a happy kid!
Well after all was said and done and we showed up late, this season should be interesting. Three kids in soccer and I had a moment today where it dawned on me that I've become a soccer mom...when did that happen? Did I authorize this? I'm sure I must have...maybe??
Well, there's my cue. Eli is up crying and it's late so I might as well go to bed.
Take care one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...