Monday, August 23, 2010

Wholesale

A few days ago I found myself shopping at Costco for a trip to Crescent Bar and of course with some coupons that came in my mail. I am a huge sucker for coupons. Sigh...I went from picking up pennies on the road (much to Frank's horror) and I quit doing that and started with coupons. I'm not sure if Frank thinks this is better or not...I'm guessing not.

Anyway, getting off track there. I was at Costco and realized as I was walking around pricing things...I was so sick to my stomach. I have been wasting money!!! How can that be!!??!! So many things that I could get at a cheaper price! Sigh...with the way the boys are growing I need a whole cow and a bigger freezer at this rate! If I am browning at least 3lbs of beef for tacos for one night and minimal leftovers...I think I need the cow. I think.

So now it looks like I need to rearrange my shopping and money so that I at least make a trip there once a month or something...I can't beat those savings even if I shop at Walmart or Winco!

Just thought I'd share my revelations with you...it was eye opening for me. Poor Frank had to hear all about what I'd been missing out on and wasting my money on!

I hope everyone is having a good time and an end to summer and a beginning to fall...a.k.a school starting!!! YIPPEE!! Oh come on now...I know you all did a little dance just like I did! Don't lie to yourselves I know you are excited too!

2 comments:

  1. No happy dance here...it means my hubbie is going back to work. Boo! Glad you mentioned teh Costco thing, I need to join...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there's the families where the spouse works in the school...as for costco...I feel the $50 a year pays for itself in your first visit...worth it to me. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...