Sunday, November 21, 2010

Denial

It can't be! It's not true! I refuse to believe or hear it! Say it ain't so Joe!

They say at 8:21 pm tonight Eli turned 2, but they are liars! OK that might be harsh...I'm just saying how I feel.

There is no way my last child is 2! Why is it so much harder with him than the others? Probably cause he's my last...he's the baby?

Sigh ...I know you are all thinking wasn't she there?? You think she'd know right? Well my answer to that is...Oh Yeah! That's all I got...not much I know. So here goes nothing...

My baby...when he was asleep and quiet and not screaming at me like I was feeding him acid. He's still picky to this day...like his Auntie Nikki says...he lives on air! He still has my head spinning and I'm constantly trying to figure him out. No such luck yet! Eli and his poppa! This boy loves his daddy SO much, I'm pretty sure he'd crawl out of his own skin to get to him! A picture I know. I can't believe how tiny he was!
Eli on his 1st birthday! He's hardly got any hair compared to today...it grew fast this last year. But still no hair cut...I have a feeling that will be awhile yet to come. I'm not ready, not sure when I will be. Guess we'll know I'm ready when he gets a hair cut!
Here is the birthday boy this morning! He insisted on sleeping in his Elmo sweatshirt, so I obliged. You only live once right? His grandparents got him those slippers and he really likes them too. When he walks he's always watching them 'walk' with him. Very cute!
When Eli blew his birthday candle out yesterday I think he wished for snow! His dad was kinda jealous of him for getting his wish on his actual birthday. But in the end he was happy someone got snow on their birthday. Frank's birthday is in August...if he gets snow for his birthday we'll know the world is ending as we know it! He cracked me up because he went outside all bundled up and biffed it and couldn't get up. I had my own scene from Christmas Story unfolding in my yard. Ian had to help him up. He was all about going outside until he got bundled up...he lasted about 10 minutes and was done. Took a few turns in the sled with his brothers and called it good. We'll see what he does tomorrow when they go outside.

Today went by too fast and this year came and has gone by almost that fast too! I am not ready, I never am. I know I said earlier it seems harder with Eli but when I really think about what is looming for the new year, it's even harder. I dread it...my big boys don't fit in my arms anymore and really don't like to be hugged or kissed in public unless it's no their terms. When did that happen?? Aren't they too young for that? Well this mother thinks they are!
Well much to Ian and Lee's amusement, school is cancelled tomorrow. Life is going to be interesting tomorrow...for them or me...time will only tell!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure it's still not his birthday...just a rumor that hasn't been check out yet...

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...