Friday, November 26, 2010

Love

My grandfather, Samuel Ervin.

Or as I called called him for 29 years, Poppop. Today it will have been 3 years since he passed. He's not forgotten and it's in the little things in life when I remember him. More often when I'm at church and singing an old hymn I hear his voice singing along, those times are hard to not cry. I hear him in old country songs...random songs that he used to sing. I miss his voice, I loved his voice...I loved hearing him talk. As long as I wasn't in trouble of course. Heaven help you if you got in trouble!

I didn't see him for a long time growing up, but I did try to make up for it and I will always be thankful for the opportunity I had to talk to him about those years we were not together. Right or wrong, they were what they were and we made it right between the two of us and that's what counts. Well in my book anyway.

I miss him with my boys...they just never really did know what to make of him (reminded me of myself as a kid...was he joking or not?). He was a great man and my boys will miss out on knowing that.

Love you Poppop!
November 26, 2007

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. I just want to say it one more time, those years were not your fault, it is what it is, but you were a child, not your fault!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were not my fault but I sure am grateful for the time I had and for when I was able to be 'big' enough to say what I needed to say, and that we both could understand each other! So thankful for that...

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...