Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Walking The Strip

There is so much to look at in Vegas it feels like it's almost impossible to see everything, but we gave it our best effort. So in no particular order here it goes...you too can feel like you've walked the strip with me. I don't know how far we walked Thurs-Sat, but I'm sure it was miles. Wonder if there is way to figure it out...well I tried to figure it out but I don't think I got very far. Suffice it to say, it's miles and several of them. And we'll just leave it at that.

This was on our last day and we were by the Wynn and Encore hotels and we debated about walking to the Stratosphere that day...we chose not too. I wish we'd gone on another day but since it was the last...we didn't. After flying out of Vegas, the airplane turned towards the strip, as if to give us all one last good bye, and I saw where this picture was taken and how far the Stratosphere was. Yeah...we made a good decision that day...it was at least another mile to just get there. I didn't get to see the Freemont lights, Stratosphere and Circus Circus. Guess we'll have to save it for next time. Frank in front of the Bellagio hotel. We did go back and see the water show...I think I might post later on that.
We found Caesars Palace...much to my enjoyment. I had to find this place and giggle. There is a movie called Hangover. If you've never seen it, it's OK...kinda one of those stupid movies. But it makes me laugh every time and it's got these one-liners that...well again make me chuckle.
I thought this fountain was absolutely gorgeous! This was in front of the Monte Carlo hotel...I just loved it. I think I like how striking it is...it's this deep black and the hotel is such a light color. The Paris hotel...these guys offered a ride up the Eiffel Tower. If I was going to go though I'd want to go at night. I had a friend go and she went at night and the view looked incredible. We didn't make it back there but again...next time. It's impossible to see and do everything...it's like you need one trip to see everything in the daytime and then another to view it at night. Two different worlds I think.
Our hotel was not far from the New York, New York. Right there is Lady Liberty and a roller coaster behind her. The roller coaster looked like a lot of fun.
This was an old Firefighting boat I believe, later on in the day we did see the cannons shoot water out of them for fun. The other cool thing there was that all along the wall there were several shirts from different fire stations on display. They also had at least one flag I remember that was dedicated after 9-11 to all those firefighters that died. It was a nice flag and plaque there.
Now this is where we stayed, at the Excalibur Hotel. I have to be honest with you though, I thought we were gonna get to stay in the castle part. Frank informed that we were not, I was highly disappointed. We stayed in the towers to the right and left of it. If I remember or have it correctly we stayed to the left of it, 22 rows up. We had a good room and a half way decent view, albeit it some of it was of the airport. I say it was better than looking at garbage cans or the backside of a hotel. I believe this shot was from the MGM hotel which was across the street and diagonal of it.
The sign to our hotel...I didn't see the Thunder From Down Under in case you were wondering. We did however see the Tournament of Kings though. THAT was a blast!!! I'm not sure if Frank had as much fun as I did, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
From the MGM side of things, this is another shot of the New York, New York. I took this cause it must resemble the real New York in some ways with the buildings like this...smooshed together and tall. My guess is that window washers are never out of work and could always be hiring? I think though that those are all the hotel rooms, which is a lot if you ask me.
Picture says it for me, the MGM. This hotel...this hotel right here...it had the CSI: The Experiment. Where I got my shirt...my souvenir...the one I waited almost 7 years for!
The Tropicana was across the street from us. This hotel had a different look to it. Almost classy but celebrityish (yes that's a new word folks, look it up in the dictionary). It looked really nice. Brad Garrett (deep voice, tall guy, Ray Ramono's brother from the TV show, Everybody Loves Raymond) had a comedy show going there. Although if I read the thing correctly he didn't do the stand up but he was in charge of it and brought other people to do the stand up. Either way, I think Brad Garrett is hysterical! That and I love listening to his deep voice...gotta thing about deep voices.
Well I hope you enjoyed walking the strip with me, those were only some of the picture from our trip. I think I have a few more posts on Vegas and then I'll quit torturing people with it.
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...