Sunday, November 7, 2010

One of Those Days...

You know I have this belief about Sundays...they came straight from the pit of hell. I spend more time yelling and doing whatever with my boys! And it's over stuff that just makes me want to go back to bed. Today it started with Dru whining and crying to me about wanting to have pizza for breakfast. Which don't get me wrong, would have been fine if I'd had enough pizza for 3 other boys. Which I didn't, so he spent, and I'm not kidding, an hour in his room crying, yelling and whatever in his room! AN HOUR!! Then he wanted oranges to eat for breakfast, well he was more than welcome to the oranges after he ate the cereal that was put in front of him first...and it started again. INSANE!

Then of course I have to fight the bigger two boys about going to church cause they don't want to. Which I get...when I was a kid I didn't either...but I certainly don't remember whining and crying and just outright being naughty about it. So I spend a majority of my time getting those boys going...brushing of teeth, cleaning the hands, getting dressed in appropriate clothing (no holes and such) for church. And on top of that I require them every morning to at least pick up their room. I'm not looking for clean but I want the big things picked up. I don't want to kill myself trying to get in there. Then there is Lee...where do I start with that kid??? I don't know. Someday I will figure out how to use his power of stubbornness/strong willed personality for good...it's his super power you know. Just getting Lee to do anything is a job in of itself.

Yes folks, we do actually make it to Sunday School and even to church...YIPPEE!! Only to discover after Sunday School that Lee was running a temperature, so I pack us up and we leave. We made it a whole 15 minutes in church. Forces are against me!! Home we go and I shove medicine down Lee's throat and put him in bed. Keep that kid away from me and Frank and everyone else!!! This trip this week will not unravel before my very eyes until AFTER I come back from Vegas!!! So help me....I have a feeling tonight will be a long night with Lee. What's new right?

Lee is in bed and I'm working on getting Eli down for a nap. Cause you know just 2 kids up sounds really nice right? Wrong!! Ian started throwing a hissy fit...yes folks a hissy fit!! Who knew almost 9 year olds could throw hissy fits??? A fit over TV and him wanting to watch something other than football. Does he not know after almost 9 years that this is what his dad does...and well me also? Ian has no idea how much football his dad doesn't watch anymore. *shaking head* A down right fit because he couldn't go in the back bedroom to watch what he wanted because he lost that privilege for sneaking his DS in his bedroom last night/this morning (jury is still out when he did it). He doesn't get it was because of a choice he made...when is he going to 'get it'??? Choices have consequences...how hard is this concept? And I seriously am done fighting over TV! DONE! Ugh...anyway...he finally settled down and he and Dru played. I'd like to say quietly cause that's what they were asked to do but then I'd be lying and I'd rather not do that...it is Sunday after all. But Lee and Eli managed to take a nap, a long one at that. On top of that I managed to snooze off and on also...so I guess today had it's going points.

After all that, whatever it was, the day got a tad better. I did make a scrumptious dinner, that was a highlight! Also my MOPS group had a mommy get together and so there were 5 of is that went and we had a good time just chit chatting and enjoying the company. I wasn't planning on being there long but ended up staying about an hour longer. The company was too darn good to pass up.

Well, thanks for listening...well reading rather. Either way...just wanted to vent.

I do hope that everyone had a great weekend and has a good start to their week! Take care!

4 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...