Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Black/White

Today's word is black and white as you can tell. I wracked my brain for the better part of the day as to what kind of picture to take. Nothing came to mind...except this. I kept coming back to these pictures. I have one of my Grandma's baby books, which I treasure, and I have several old photos which I also treasure. Sadly I don't have very many of both sides of the family...I am missing one of my Grandmothers pics and someday I would like to have that fixed...it may not happen though, through circumstances out of my control.

This is my Grandpa Emerson Bennett Jolly This is him as a child between the ages of 2-4 years of age, best as I can read on the back of the photo. This is my Grandma Jolly, I believe it says she is 2 years old here. I see a lot of myself and my boys in this picture, especially in the face.
This is my Poppop, or as others knew him Samuel Ervin...handsome fella. Sadly it was brought to my attention that he has a uni-brow...so now I can't just blame Frank...our boys come by this phenomenon from both of us..darn! I think Lee looks a lot like him...especially younger pictures of my Poppop. I miss him very much, I missed out on so much. He's been gone now for 2 years now...it's hard to fathom sometimes. So there is my black and white for the day! Hope everyone is having a good week so far...

5 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...