Monday, March 30, 2009

Point...Shoot..Click

Well that's what I would have been doing had I remembered my Sans Disk...remembered the camera...no disk. Which means no pictures! OH I was mad!! I can't believe I forgot that! And I know what happened, while I was getting things ready I had the disk in my hand and got side tracked. Put the battery in the camera but only got that far. And the internal memory isn't much to speak of and it was already full. And my friend didn't remember hers cause she was counting on me to bring mine :) Guess we know better now.

Other than that fiasco, we ALL had a great time! We went today and I know we could spend all summer and then some there exploring every nook and cranny there and then some! They have some play areas there which of course the boys discovered with their Grandpa and of course that was the first thing Ian and Lee wanted to go for. But we did, get some of the wigglies out. Then we went lunch where it was truly a red letter day for my kids cause my friend, Ms. Liz bought all the kids a push up Popsicle! BOY HOWDY! We should go to the zoo every day! Not to mention on top of it all it was some kind of special day at the zoo, I never did figure it out, but they were giving cupcakes out to everyone that wanted one. So they all had cupcakes. It actually worked out well, they needed a snack..saved us a buck!

We saw lots of animals and walked A LOT! I think the all around favorite with the kids was the South Pacific exhibit which included some pretty big sharks, not sure if they were Great White (I'm thinking not) but they were pretty big all the same. I think my favorite was the Beluga Whale and the Walruses and the sea otters. They just come right up to the window...the Walrus swims right up to the window and slides up on it..very funny to watch. One Sea Otter was hysterical (see this is where pictures would be nice, right?), this otter had a big read ball on his stomach just laying in the water sleeping. It was funny. The Polar Bears were pretty cool too, they were feeding them so we got to see that. They were diving in the water getting their food. Those are some pretty awesome animals.

So I think after seeing that aquarium I want to take my boys to the Seattle Aquarium...I want to go too. I love it there, but what I need to do is plan it on a hot day and go to the Aquarium, be somewhere cool. Well put that on my list of things to do this summer...I have a list going...in my head. I'm thinking that's not a good idea I should write it down, there is no trusting my brain these days. Alrighty, I'm going to take off!

5 comments:

  1. No camera? I think they are going to take your mother of the year award for this! I think the sharks are nurse sharks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nooooooooo pictures?????? I waited all day :'(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the heck is a nurse shark? Sorry Aunt Sharon, next time and maybe you'll recognize a few more people cause I'm hoping to get Nikki to come over and play for a day when it gets nicer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I KNOW WHAT A NURSE SHARK IS.. In fact somewhere I have the guy at the aquarium telling why. It's because of the way they eat, they are at the edge of the water and go slurp slurp like a baby nursing! Probably some man made that up!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...