Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Boo-tacular!

Today we went to the Pumpkin Patch! So fun! We were going with our MOPS group...some gals from table...the Purple Matisse's. Our theme for MOPS is Momology...the art and science of mothering, hence the name Purple Matisse's...each table has it's own artist themed table. OK well enough of that, back to what I was talking about before, ah yes cute little pumpkins like these two.
Eli and Dru just as we are headed out to the patch...decked to the nines for this outing! And really Dru can't hardly stand it cause of course there is a lot of orange going on this month! This cowboy roped himself a steer! Yeehaw! We put Eli on one of these and all he did was cry...so no picture of him. Maybe next year.
We went into the Corn Pit or as several people refer to it as the Red neck sand pit. Go ahead laugh, we did. Each to their own right? Eli didn't like this either...I don't think he liked the way it felt on his feet. This kid has issues! Texture issues with food and texture issues on his feet...wonder where he comes from? He was much more content to just stand on the hay bales for awhile.
Here's my guy Dru! He was climbing his way around the Hay bale maze...there was a big slide and lots of things to do.

I think this has to be my all time fave picture of the day...they shared a bottle of chocolate milk. I love my boys, the only thing missing today were my other boys and my husband. It sure was great to spend it with other mommies though!

Well that's all for today, I have more pictures of our day but I don't want to fight rearranging them so I'll post some more tomorrow. Today was such a good day! The weather was wonderful when we went. It was so cold this morning here at my house, 49', I almost talked myself into turning the heat on in my house but I talked myself out of that one. I am not ready for that one yet. Because I am who I am, I always try and see how long we can go with out turning it on and my goal is the end of October. In case you were wondering I've not ever made it that far yet...much to frustration. I'm also this way at the grocery store trying to use coupons, you know at Safeway they give you a percentage of how much you saved. I'm always trying for 50%. I have yet to get there...it's elusive!
On another note I have a few requests again. I need those prayer warriors out there. You know who you are and I need you again, you guys are so good! I have to prayers.
The first is a friend of mine, her niece, has been having seizure since Monday, she was a preemie and is 8/9 months old (I think) and thankfully the doctors think they have it pinned down to why she's been seizing. Please just keep her and her family in your prayers...they have been on a rough road the last 2 days I imagine. Just pray that they figure out what's wrong with this baby girl and pray they can treat the issue at hand.
Second, and I just want to put this out there as a personal opinion...I hate cancer!!! It just never seems to stop and I remember time in my life when I could honestly say I didn't know anyone who had cancer or who was affected by it let alone know anyone else myself. It's just an ugly, ugly thing! With that said, we recently found out that a very good friend of ours (mine and Frank's) her son has cancer. He has recently been diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma (pretty sure I've spelled that wrong but you all are SO smart I know you'll figure it out). Today he was suppose to get his port and get his first chemo treatment, well that didn't happen. They found out that his blood doesn't clot right, so now they are going to do more tests and get things just right for him, which means he's in limbo land right now. Which if you all are anything like me, it's a cruddy place to be. He's very young, still in his 20's. Please pray for him and his wife and for his family. This is still so much of a shock for them and all of us. Pray that he stays as healthy as one can be while doing all this and that the people in his life can help and that he'll let them help.
I really appreciate you prayer warriors out there!
Take care and have a good evening!

3 comments:

  1. Turn the heat on :) I'll pray for your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soon Auntie I'll turn the heat on...and thank you for your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying. It cracked me up that Eli didn't like the FAKE horse!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...