Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Chillaxin

Chillaxen...you know, chilling and relaxing.  That's what we were doing at my brother and his wife's house and at the hotel during our Spring Break. 

After eating lunch at Zips (post from yesterday) we headed to their house to visit and let the kids play and get reacquainted.  I decided that when my friend got to the house I would allow Ian and Lee to go across the street and play at the playground with her older children.  I will tell you I didn't allow Dru to go because the boys would not have looked out for him and would have walked all over him...just wasn't worth it for him to go.

He, however, had different thoughts and was very, very angry with me.  Here he is with his brother and cousin looking forlornly out the window watching the bigger kids play.  Dru carried on for close to an hour, he was dedicated to his cause, he didn't even stop when put in a different room...he wanted his Isaac and NOTHING was going to do until he had him with in arms reach.  He didn't stop bawling until his Isaac came in the door and the tears magically dried up with the snap of a a finger...
 I have laughed several times over this picture.  My nephew is stinking cute and hilarious (he could have asked me for the moon that weekend and I'd have gotten it for him!). I was calling Samuel's name and after several times this was the look I got.  He didn't appreciate being disrupted in what he was doing and he was NOT happy with me that Dru was crying and for some reason Eli was feeling empathy for Dru. Notice those two in the background?  Shortly after this picture Dru just lost it and that's when the bawling began.
 I love taking pictures of Eli, especially when I can get a good one, and one with out a plug in his face (slowly working on that).
 Lee was quite infatuated with this fire truck toy of Samuel's.  Too bad it made noise or I would have offered to find one for a birthday gift for him...NOT!  He's a goofy kid!
 My brother...a.k.a. Uncle David.  He looks thoughtful here but don't let that fool you :)
 Samuel having some time with his dad...still having a hard time with his hair being short...but I'm not his momma.  Guess I gotta let that one go too...sigh!
 Well back to the hotel we went, we'd see the family again later.  I have no idea what we did for dinner...I think we ordered pizza.  I believe we also went swimming but in what order I don't know.  We were really disappointed in the pool there, the worst family and kid friendly pool I think I have ever come across!  The kids really couldn't go much past the steps into the pool, the bigger boys could go a bit further but not much.  So we went to Eli's favorite spot...the hot tub!!
 Big boys watching the TV and relaxing, it was getting too quite and I watch some eyes roll in the back of their heads several times...so we probably went swimming or did dinner or something. 
That day was a fun day.  Walked around the park, saw an Imax movie, met for lunch, wrestled with their Uncle, played with toys, swam in the pool/hot tub, and then crashed hard to be up early for the EARLY bird breakfast (6am-9am), unimpressed!!  That was a tad too early to me, but no one asked me.

Tomorrow will be our fun-filled day at the farm! 

2 comments:

  1. I love this post but I just don't think it convey's how upset Dru really was! LOL I WANNA PLAY WITH ISAAC!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't do it proper justice does it! To get the whole ambience of it you had to be there, but I tried!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...