Thursday, August 20, 2009

The King...is Dead

The King Salmon that is.

(Frank's birthday is the day after Elvis's birthday...so hence the pun)

Last weekend Frank and the men of his family went to Ilwaco (in Washington) and went Salmon fishing on a charter boat, called the Seaquest. The deal is they go out REALLY early and they get to catch a limit of 2 fish. Everyone on the boat gets to catch 2. Frank really likes to do this fishing with his dad, brothers, grandfather, and great uncle (I believe that's what he is to Frank).
Anyway, those are the fish he caught. The one on the left is missing most of it's head cause it had a chip in it. The neat thing about that is, the captain of the boat or someone, will send in the info of that chip and then they will email the info to Frank. So that means he'll get to find out where the fish started out at and where's it's been. Kinda fun. His dad had one last year and I think it came from Yakima (if I remember correctly) and made it all the way to Ilwaco, which is like 7 miles from Astoria, OR. Here's a better look at one of his fish, with out the glare. And just so you know, we have fish leftover from last years trip. We are not big fish eaters...don't ask what we are going to do with ALL that fish.Here are all the guys that went fishing, the kids were checking out the fish...so were the guys. Frank's brother Jason has two fish in each hand, and he still had more in his cooler, only one though. I still think he should have had one hanging off his foot or something, but that was me.


So here are all the guys that went fishing. Starting from the left...Frank's dad...Lee, Frank's Grandpa...Morris, then there is Frank, his brother Jason, his other brother Ted, and Frank's Great Uncle Kelly. That's a whole lot of fish right there! And trust me when I say, that everyones fish will be LONG gone before Frank and I EVER open our freezer to eat ours.


All in all, Frank had fun and as you can tell by the smiles, they ALL had a good time. But I think that next time I'll stay home. I'm glad he can do this with the men in his family, but if we are only going for one night, I'll stay home. It's too long of a drive for a few hours and it's just exhausting all around, and that's all we were there for, a few hours. If we could be there for a weekend that would be better, but things don't always work out that way.

I hope everyone has had a good week! Take care!

3 comments:

  1. I used to bury all the fish Carmen caught under the rose bushes. When we moved here I have been asked to NOT do that with the salmon.:) Carmen mostly gives it away. Great pictures of the guys with their fish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a great recipe for Jack Daniel's Salmon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki, would Carmen notice if you buried your freezer full of fish? Ok maybe not all of the fish but a chunk or two? Auntie, I'm always game for new recipes. Would love to give it a try...sides anything that involves our friend Jack can't be bad, specially if I can make a nice cold glass of Lynchburg Lemonade with it...right?

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...