Monday, August 3, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

So I went to Ian's football practice today. There's no way to do this post with out doing a bunch of pictures. So go Wolverines!! I do have to say I did think the coach was very good and nice and spoke well to the parents. I was impressed. He has high hopes and goals for every kid on the team. They will have different play books this year and they did win the play offs last year. I think that's what he said. Ian had been looking forward to practice all day and he had such a good time. He said his favorite part of practice today was throwing the ball. Sadly, Frank and I are pretty sure he won't be quarter back...he throws the ball like he's pitching in a T-ball game. But stranger things have happened and who knows. Sky's the limit right?

Coach is telling the kids to take a knee...this is their attempt...some have gotten it, others like Ian try and then topple and just sit on their knees. Love his sense of balance! The kids have to run to the big field and do some drills and stretches with all the other kids doing football...meaning the bigger kids. They do it all together...kinda cool I thought.
Coach talking to the kids. Ian's number is 33...he's kinda down there...all you see is 3 and he's to the left by the number 6.
One of the coaches talking to this group of kids and telling them about the 30 yard dash and how to do their best. Ian has 8 coaches...should be interesting. I have a lot of hope that this might really help Ian in a lot of ways. Run Ian Run!!! They did it twice and he beat his first score by a second...progress!

Here they tackle...kinda looks like fun.

One of the other drills is a tug of war bit. I'm not sure what this does but they do it.

Water break.

Running a drill and throwing the ball.
Frank says this is a Lineman drill...run and tackle the bag. Frank thinks this is what Ian will be doing this year. Little known fact...OK well it might not be but, when Frank played football this is what Frank did, a Lineman.
All in all, Ian did well. He still needs to work on the goofing off and socializing during practice. This is a bit more serious than basketball. And the coaches are a bit more harsh when you don't follow directions. This is where I'm hoping it will help Ian out. We'll see.
I hope all are having a good week so far. Tomorrow I hope to show you some little people that went to practice too. They did half way decent for 2 hours, surprisingly.
Take care folks!

3 comments:

  1. Great job Ian! a little discipline in sports is a very good thing. As long as they all get to play each game I think it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way is Ian old enough to play real football, he is still a baby. Just toddling. He can't have grown up that much. LOL. He will love it. Scott did when he was about 7 I think. I found his trophy the other day. (participation)
    Enjoy this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think he enjoyed it much today, I haven't found out why but that's what was told to me by Frank.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...