Monday, November 9, 2009

Been Laughing All Day

I came across an article today on MSN's home page called 'Surprising Uses for Your Dishwasher. It sounded interesting enough that I clicked on it to read more. It goes on to tell of how you can wash some toys, baseball caps...things like this. It does get weird though and here is where it gets weird.

They are talking about washing your hat in the dishwasher, which is all fine and dandy until I read further along and it mentions that when doing this, you need to not wash your hat in with dirty dishes cause the food particles MIGHT collect on the cloth of the hat!
Are you serious!?!? The fact they had to mention that at all is beyond me but you know someone out there did it...I been laughing over that one.

An FYI, crocs (as in the shoes) are not dishwasher safe...I wouldn't have guessed that one.

Here's another one in case on a whim you wash your garden tools because they do come into contact with chemicals and animals...don't wash those with your dishes either because of the chemicals...DUH!


In case you ever need another way to clean and cook potatoes for people just throw them on in the dishwasher...fast and easy. Anyone willing to try this out and let us know how it turns out?
Another thing people have washed in the dishwasher...computer keyboards (I'm not brave enough for that one).
Last of all, the grand finale, people are cooking salmon in the dishwasher. WHY!?!?!?!?!? The smell alone!!! Pretty much what happens is they put the salmon in tinfoil and seal it up and put it on the top rack and it goes through a cycle and it's cooked and probably moist it says...Weird people! OH! And don't forget to serve your salmon with lemon wedges..
I'm still trying to figure out the scenario that unfolded in which a person decided that for giggles they'd see just exactly what their dishwasher was really made of? And how did they fall upon that Salmon could be cooked? What did they try first and find out didn't work? How upset are they that this hasn't become the next big thing?
Well I hope you guys had at least a chuckle over this...
Here is where I saw the article, it's on the slide show that is on the very top. www.msn.com . Take a look, overall it was enlightening...sorta.

4 comments:

  1. I read that too and thought I wonder what the situation was that someone said Hmmmm lets cook a salmon in here......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anita.. I have a long story that envolves hot dogs and a huge Church event..our Churches's pastors wife.. some more very good friends... and a time restraint! :) One day I'll blog about it ~
    Also I've been washing my husbands hats for years in the DW, he has a thingy that he puts it on. When he worked at his part time as a mechanic, it was the only way to get it clean:) The food part never occurred to me, he never complained~

    AND my crocs are washed in the DW all the time! why are they not dishwasher proof????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why the crocs aren't...I wouldn't have guessed they were not. I wash all kinds of things in the DW...knew about the hats the 'thingy' for them. I would love to hear the story someday about the church and it's Hotdog fiasco!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...