Friday, November 27, 2009

November 21, 2009: Sparky pt. 2

So I know it's been awhile since I last posted and here it is. Here is Eli's birthday cake that his grandma bought him. It's tradition that grandma buys the birthday cake that the kids want...with in reason :) No triple threat ganache' for them :)This little bitty was Eli's personal cake...it was so cute!Here is the birthday boy...he got so big in a year. I did manage to get through the day with out really thinking about this day and it's meanings. I was so busy trying to get things cleaned and stuff put out before people came to the party. I managed to get the house cleaned but the kids weren't fed and the decorations were not put out...thankfully I had to lovely nieces who willingly put up Eli's decorations.We opened presents...he wasn't so into them, he came and checked them out but other than that...he was good. He was really checking this gift out...way up close!We did come across some tasty treats on a gift though and that rocked our world for a few minutes while mom cleaned up after people left.

I still wish I could have had this party somewhere else. Kids and adults alike wrestled in my tiny house and I again had to yell at my children to stop wrestling. My house is to tiny and there are to many people in my house for people to do that. And I really can't figure out why people keep doing this? It's beyond me. Anyway, the party is over and things have moved on...I was just very mortified that I had to yell to be heard above the noise...anyway...Eli got some good things and we all came to celebrate him.

The best part was watching that kid eat his cake...it was something to watch! That post is next. So stay tuned.

2 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...