Sunday, November 8, 2009

Keep Up

These are a commodity in my house...and they are ALWAYS missing. And this is why...Eli walks around the house and leaves them places and he also bites and then pulls them out and tosses them...like a grenade. It's funny at the time until I have to find them. I have bought more of these for this child than any of the other boys. The longest anyone has had plugs is MAYBE 3 months. At 2 months Eli could operate his plug and he didn't care which way it went in as long as it did it's job. Eli has been sick the last few days, not as sick as he was in this photo below. This was after Easter, so 5 months, and he had Pneumonia. Thankfully it wasn't too bad...as bad as pneumonia goes. We caught it pretty early. This time around he had a fever but nothing terribly high...I really think he caught a cold and it bothered his sinus and ears...his ears are bothering him (does that surprise anyone? Two children with tubes in their ears and Lee is going in for his 4Th set of tubes on the 11Th...good times!) Thankfully the fever has broke and he now has slept a good portion of the day away and is NOW all fired up and not in the least bit tired...I'm thrilled to pieces!



A few things I've been thinking about

  • I have become addicted to a new salad...it's got raspberries, walnuts, raspberry dressing and feta cheese...YUM!!
  • My floor is NASTY! It now has soda spilled all over it and wiped up but still sticky...guess I'll be mopping my floor tomorrow
  • It has been MANY years but I am tentatively excited for Christmas...tentively...it's still early!
  • Eli will be 1 on the 21st and I might just boycott that day...I can't stand the thought that he's going to be 1...I never imagined the last one would be so hard.
  • Breastfeeding with a child that has teeth is painful, I'm still looking for the chunk of nipple he took a few months ago.
  • Shopping for pads is overwhelming...it's been THAT long since I've had to shop for them...my body betrayed me and I went and had to go be a girl all over again..I loved going 12+ before having to deal with that...again!
  • I miss my nephew terribly! Auntie loves you Samuel!
  • I want to get married again and have an outrageously expensive dress (thanks to the show Say Yes To The Dress) and have the reception I always wanted
  • I am amazed that in 10 days Frank and I will have been married for 9 years...we have been through so much in such a small amount of time...I feel tired just thinking about it...there's more to come.

OK I think that might be it. Have a great week people!

3 comments:

  1. Eli is very funny with his plugs. Nursing with teeth does NOT have to hurt. He's naughty. No cycles is nice. I do not want to get married again, no reason to return to the scene of the crime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL very funny Nikki...I think I want that feeling about the dress all those girls have when they find THE dress...the salad is addicting...I've had some with every meal since Saturday...well except breakfast of course!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...