Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's A Generational Thing

So here's the thing...my childhood wasn't that great and the long and short of it is that because of events that took place in my family...well lets just say that two sides of the families took a turn for the worse. Families always have their times when they don't always mesh well, well that's my experience anyway. Because of these events (very long story) it tore two families irreplaceably apart. I lost connections with grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles...something I will NEVER get back. It hurts and saddens me to the core! A palpable ache in the deepest darkest part of my heart. A bible verse comes to mind...the sins of the father shall follow the child....

Anyway, all that to say, the meaning of family is important to me and for as much as it's important to me I struggle with all that it means and the components that make up a family. CONSTANT struggle. So when moments like these come, and not every family is as privilege as my boys are, I take a picture of them. Frank is probably one of the few people I know of that had a great grandma in his 30's...which meant my kids had a great great Grandma...really blows my mind!

I miss my Grandpa that passed away 2 years ago...where did the time go? I have no other Grandpas. My children are blessed with 2 sets of Grandparents and a set of Great Grandparents...and these Greats love my boys with all their hearts and they love them back as much!


We have Great Grandpa ( do not be fooled by the wheel chair! It's only holding him back for awhile...until he can start walking around on his foot. He is NOT happy about the wheel chair!), Grandpa, Frank, Ian, Lee, Dru, and Eli

3 comments:

  1. Isn't family GRAND! My big boys had Great's. I miss my grandparents every day. I loved that you made a point to take a generation picture even though you see them often. It's a wonderful memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did have a hard childhood. We love you and am glad you have such a sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never had a grandpa.. I'm always so thrilled that my kids have their Papa!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...