Monday, November 16, 2009

Unaware

So, was everyone aware of the fact that this week was November 21st and not next week? You did huh? Well good for you! I on the other hand was not aware of it. I thought November 21st was NEXT week.

Any idea what happens this week on that day? Any thoughts? Well i will let you know. That's Eli's birthday, he will be 1! This is upsetting!! I thought I had one more week to prepare for this! Wanna know how I found out I only have days before Eli's birthday and party? I thought you might...so here we go.

I called one of my sister in laws today and was talking to her about some things and then i asked her if she got my message about Eli's party. she said she had and that it was this Saturday and I said no it's next Saturday. She said well aren't you having it on his birthday? I said well yeah! (I'm thinking duh!?!) She said Anita, that's this Saturday. CRAP! Is all that's going through my mind!! Guess what's next week...Thanksgiving! WHO KNEW!?! Anyway, I have been telling all sorts of people that next week Eli was going to turn one...not this week! I have to be the goofiest mom ever...I don't know what kid I have with me half the time nor do I know when I gave birth to them.

I have a house that is a P-I-T to clean and a cake to order and decorations if I can swing it!!! What the heck! And as my mother so lovingly pointed out to me (I mentioned this in a previous blog post about boycotting) I can't very well boycott a birthday party I'm throwing at my house....do you know how disappointing that is?

Well there's another one of my moments...I am a little upset the 21st is this week and not next week like I had all planned in my brain thanks to whoever for throwing that curve ball in my plans. Thanks to those of you who didn't inform me of my error... (can you imagine my last minute scramble when someone finally decided they should say something to me cause they didn't want me to totally embarrass myself?)

I think I disturbed Frank a little cause I asked him if he knew about this and he said well yeah (was a common comment when I asked that of other people) and then he looked at me for a bit longer than normal and just shook his head and said jeez.

Just a little creepy side note...Frank was in his batcave doing whatever it is men all over this world do to get away for the noise of children and screaming wives...HA! I know what he was doing, he was back there taking some puffs off a horrible smelling cigar (a cheap one..the pricier ones smell better...guess if we and our stuff has to smell like something it should smell better that cat pee...that's just a personal opinion) and he let the back door open (no different that any other night) and all the sudden a HUGE rat came running into the batcave!!!! Lord love that man but he comes back in and tells me to not go into the garage or to let the children back there cause he just saw the biggest rat run into our garage and headed towards the big garage door. I THINK he was planning to take care of this tomorrow when he got home from work until I looked at him a little panicked and said ALL our food is in there...OK well not all our food but like our cereal and things like that...stuff they can chew through. So he decided that he would take care of it and he did. Frank came back in after 5 minutes and said well the rat is out and he'll never forget the night he tangled with with me! Then he went back and had a few victory puffs stogie...he's so weird...but he said it was the size of a small cat....stupid rain flooding them out of the nasty places they live!!!

OK I think that's good for one night...

1 comment:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...