Monday, April 19, 2010

Jamboree Day

On Saturday it was the Baseball Jamboree where the boys had their first games. Both were terribly excited about the whole day! They did great and the day wasn't as crazy as I had envisioned it would be with 2 children having ball games.

This is Lee in action. He's an all position player...he ran after the ball all the time. He cracked me up. He had the parents on the other team talking about him...can't really tell if it was good or bad...but it was funny they were talking about him. Dru was not impressed to be there all day. He was at first but when the 'fun' wore off he was bored to death and a little upset he wasn't getting to do anything. Poor kid! But don't feel too sorry for him, his grandma came through for him and all the other grandkids and gave them a dollar to spend however they chose at the concession stand...licorice ropes can solve everything. Up until it's all gone and he's trying to eat his little brothers.
Here's Lee getting ready for some action. I also love the white ankle socks he insisted on wearing...
Ian in his uniform...they are the Cobra's! They also voted to be the T-Rex's and a few other things. Lee's token picture...love that kid! His team is called the Purple Rain/Reign. We aren't sure and if it's Rain...I'm not all that impressed with the name for a kids team. But since the kids didn't get to vote and the coach picked it, it's a bit out of my hands.
Here is Ian up to bat. He did good...he got a...I don't know what it's called, but he hit the darn ball and got to 2 bases. You figure it out. :)
I took this picture and I really like it! Go! Lee Go!

After Ian's game we went to watch Lee play and of course there was a concession stand and what's a ball game with out sunflower seeds? Ian has a mouthful, but I'm sure he could have fit a few more in his mouth. Don't you?

Today's weather was just wonderful. I have to admit though I didn't spend much time outside but I loved that I could have all my windows open to air my house out of the winter funk that sets in. I'm getting that bug for doing some more spring cleaning...I have cleaned the fridge out and moved it and cleaned it. I have also washed some walls with bleach water...now I need to finish the walls and sweep the cobwebs from the house. Oh how I hate cobwebs!
I do hope I have a productive day tomorrow!

1 comment:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...