Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Goals and Achievments

So it's been awhile...I know. But I've been busy and that's just the way it is anymore. Baseball has started up which means practice and games for Ian and Lee. The games for Lee are no big deal but the games for Ian...man oh man! I had no idea they would take so long! Why I didn't, I don't know but at his first game we were there for over 2 hours!!! Apparently they go 6 innings...I think next time we'll just take turns taking Ian to his games, that's just nuts taking all the kids out in iffy weather like we are having now.



Last weekend Frank had the weekend off and I was able to go to a...well I'm not quite sure what you would call it but it was a webcast of a big bible study meeting I guess you would say. The speaker was Beth Moore and it was about her newest book, So Long Insecurities. I have never heard of her until actually a month or two ago and then a friend took me to this webcast. It was moving and brought me to tears (close to sobs at times) and convicted me in a lot of places. I'm still processing it all and I haven't decided if I'll blog about it or not. It's still a work in progress. But she was a great speaker and I would like to look more into her studies and see what there is to see



Frank and I also got to go out on a date! YIPPEE! Since we had some movie tickets we went and saw a movie. We saw Clash of The Titans....it was alright. If you saw the old one and then saw this one...well they changed the story and added a few more people in there. It was OK, I think I'm a bit partial to the old one, not sure why though. Could be that I grew up watching it, who knows though. The fun thing was though we went out on a date which doesn't happen as often and he and I would like it too. I think we figured the last movie we saw in the theaters together (and we could be wrong) was the last Indiana Jones movie that came out...which was what over 2 years ago? We really want to see the Robin Hood movie that's coming out with Russel Crowe...I think that's the one we'll have to hit Oma and Grandpa up for some childcare while we go to dinner and a movie.



The other day a story was told to me that made me smile. I love all my nieces and nephews and my ultimate goal is to be their favorite Auntie...EVER! Well, with at least one of them I have achieved my goal. One of my nephews was talking to his momma the other day and he was telling her that when she got old...like really old, like his Manu (that's what he calls his grandma) that lives in the forest (they live in a semi-wooded area) that his momma would need to send him to live with his Auntie. Well she had to ask which Auntie cause he has 3 or 4 others besides me. And he said well Auntie Anita. I have MADE it folks! I am at the highest level I can get...he wants to come live with me when his mom gets really old like Manu that lives in the forest! I don't know how I did it but I did (it might have been the M&M tookies I baked)! So that's one nephew down and 5 more nieces and nephews to go!

I hope all of you are have a decent week so far. I'm hoping the weather gets a bit nicer for some baseball games and just to be nicer in general. Take care!

3 comments:

  1. I was about to call 911! It is a process isn't it. Anything of Beth Moore's that catches your eye is worth doing. Glad you got to go on the date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita, Beth Moore is an awesome teacher. Have seen her in person and she is a wonderful lady. Her Bible Studies are great too. Have probably done 5 or 6 of them. I could not go to the simulcast Saturday because I had to work. Am glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. QUEEN OF THE AUNTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's my goal too :)

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...