Saturday, April 10, 2010

Toothy

On Friday Ian went to the dentist and had 3 teeth pulled! He was a CHAMP and did great! I'm so proud of him! He did cry when they did the shots, the ones they really had to get way in there. I had such a hard time not crying with him...I was good and didn't but I sure had to blink a few away quickly though. After all was said in done, after those shots we were in and out fairly quickly, amazing!

Having those teeth pulled has changed his smile a bit I think. Sure hope that Tooth Fairy comes through! Boy howdy I see some $$ for pulled teeth (well actually his dad does...lol). After this go around we will have an appointment with the Orthodontist and see what they want to do next...I'm gonna guess braces...I'm not sold on that yet...not sold yet...we'll see what they say though. No one says I have to do what they suggest...beauty of being an adult!

These are the teeth that were pulled. I was truly amazed by the eye teeth and what they looked like. I have never in my life seen anything like this and the hole those two teeth left in Ian's mouth was a sight to see. The eye teeth have the roots on them still, not like the other small one there which has no roots. That's because the incoming adult teeth wear down the roots and that's how the teeth become loose. Kids generally loose the eye teeth around the age of 12...Ian's 8. We are a few years ahead of schedule. It just looks gnarly to me and crazy! Well I hope everyone has a good day, it's suppose to be great this weekend with some better weather than what we've been having this week. YEAH!!! The kids can go outside and hopefully on Sunday I can mow the lawn!

2 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...