Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ian's Baseball Practice

Ian really wanted to do baseball this year so we decided that we would sign him up. He has been having such a good time! He's walking on and off the field with a smile, which is huge, considering football was NOT like that. I think baseball might be Ian's 'thing'...or he's that much older from last fall/winter. He seems much more coordinated and not so concerned about snacks and socializing. Don't get me wrong, he's still goofing off and all but it either doesn't bother me as much or he's not doing it as much. It also helps to have a good coach, which I don't think he got from the main coach at football.
I love Ian is having such a good time with this sport...it seems to be more his speed and people are not as intense with this sport as with...well you guessed it football.

Ian is up to batting practice...Swing Batter! We swung and missed...such concentration on this boys face! Love it!
He eventually made it to first base! Way to go Ian! He actually connects the bat with the ball more times that I would ever hope to so he's an athlete in my book!
This picture just cracked me up...I just happen to see Charlie. In ever anticipation of a stray ball...the eternal optimist! Love it!

Practice that day was wonderful. The weather was nice and the rest of the boys got to play at the park that was close by for an hour! It's so nice to have some nice weather intermittent with all this rainy weather...which is fine, don't get me wrong. We gotta have the rain for all the foliage we enjoy looking at...but we do need the vitamin D time to time!

3 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...