Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Booger Patrol

Well as some of you may know I have some boys that are sick, turns out 2 of them have Strep. Ian has the worst of it, by far...the weird tongue issues, the Scarlatina rash. I did get up at one point and congratulate him for at least getting sick big time. If he was going to do it might as well do it up big...and he did! Way to go Ian! Lee also has strep but not as bad (he has no tonsils, which makes it already not as bad). And on top of those two for giggles we put Eli on meds too. Well not really for giggles, but because he is acting a little more 'off' than his normal.

So 3 out of the 4 kids are on meds. Which, if you haven't guess, means they are home with me...again...for at least one more day. Thankfully, Frank and I managed to scrape together some change so I could go rent a movie and we got a movie for free. So I have two movies they haven't seen yet and that should help a bit tomorrow also. I rented Astro Boy and The Legend of Zorro. Just an FYI, there are more than 2 movies in the Zorro series, and I of course got the one I thought was the first one only to find out it's the second one...

So here I am today and tomorrow on Booger Patrol. I job I do not relish and one I'd toy with relinquishing to someone else for a full day and night of rest...in a hotel...or someplace I can't hear children. One thing I have learned about myself from having children and being married. I am not a very compassionate person when it comes to whiny sick people. They absolutely drive me up a wall and make me want to tear my hair out. Makes me shiver just thinking about it!

Well there is my cue...Eli is up fussing and crying so I should perhaps go and be/do the mom thing.
Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...