Monday, May 17, 2010

Proper Protocol?

A few things:



My washer and dryer are here and I, finally, today have found the bottom of my laundry pile! The new ones are great and have been fun to 'play' with. All kinds of cool buttons to push. So the kid shave found out too. Thank goodness for child locks! Lots of clothes have been washed and dried!



Baseball is going good! Both boys are doing well and having fun! The weekend was good and the weather was gorgeous! We got some yard work done and Frank got my washer and dryer installed. That was quite the ordeal for that!



When I got home Frank and his brother had gotten the appliances in and Frank was busy working on getting everything set up. He got the dryer going and was doing the dryer duct test. The test failed...several times. We rigged something up to see if we couldn't pull lint out of the duct outside and then did the test again. Fail! We are at a loss, what to do? We decided we needed to go get a snake thing for dryer ducts. So the family loads up and we go to the first store in town. After that, we should have clued in and just did what we ended up having to do. Not one store in town carried what we needed and so we had to go to Bonney Lake to Home Depot. Well that was bust! Frank was so annoyed with them...a place that sells washer and dryers should first of all know what he's talking about and to also carry the product. Well not so...so off we go to Lowes and hope they carry it. Thankfully they do!! $40 later and a car full of cranky, hot kids we decide to stop off at Sonic. They were having happy hour and half priced drinks. Yummy slushy's had by all!



On our way home we go and at least 3 hours later we have finally gotten the duct all clean. I am shocked at how much lint we took out of there, we are so lucky we never had a fire. I keep my lint filter very clean and the dryer...never in all my life did I imagine what we took out of that duct! One whole grocery sack full!! FULL! I did my first load at 7pm...they came at 10:25am. Today I am caught up...tomorrow is a different story!

To follow up on that, I have two boys that are home sick with the flu. Well that's just this mom's diagnosis. This morning Lee woke up complaining of his throat hurting and his ear and he was dead set against going to school and put himself back to bed at 7:30am. Guess that decision was made. Ian said his throat hurt but he and I didn't think anything of it...we were outside all weekend, the weather has changed or allergies. He had no fever and was acting fine. Off to school he goes and he's quite excited because today is the day for the much anticipated field trip around town! Weeeellllll.....apparently he wasn't as well as I thought! I got a call from a friend of mine and they were at the library. It wasn't pretty or good. She told me he puked in the library. When I got there to pick Ian up, she then told me not only had he thrown up in the library (and who knows how bad that was, I never did go in) but he managed to throw up all over his teacher's back and on a friend of his. I feel so horrible!! I can't imagine how Ian must feel, although he seems OK...more worried about his friend's coat though (I'm of course worried more about his teacher).

So what is proper protocol here people? Gift card to a dry cleaner? Food? What? I feel like I should do something but I'm not sure how one goes about this delicately.

Some other things of note...Eli tried to snort/sniff yogurt with his nose today. Was a bit surprised when he couldn't really breath. The look on his face was priceless!! I'm still laughing!

Ian rented the movie Toothfairy...Dru has watched it several times and he now has a loose tooth. He's bound and determined to have a loose tooth so the toothfairy will come and visit him. Goofy kid!

We recently had some friends move and we miss them very much...Lee and I are having a hard time...we are going to try and go next summer to their house. Miss you Bennett Family!!!

Well I hope tomorrow goes better...I can only hope that no one else gets the cootie here!!! We have a wedding to go to this weekend and I have a nephew to love and hold this weekend! People had better get with it!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah on the washer/dryer. Poor Ian. I hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dry cleaner gift car idea, or maybe some flowers. Poor guy, he must be embarassed.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita I'm exhausted!!!!!!! I'm jealous of your new W & D though!!!!!!!!!!!

    The flu thing.. You wouldn't like my answer :)
    Offer to get her clothes cleaned for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...