Thursday, July 15, 2010

City Beach

Last weekend we went to City Beach for my Grandmother's 85th birthday. A long drive but we managed to break up the drive by taking the ferry. The boys loved it! They always do. This time though my dad went with us in our car...my boys just couldn't believe that Grandpa Jolly would be in our car!!

The drive there was long and exasperating! I made sure the boys all went potty before we left and wouldn't you know it, Dru had to go potty while we were in line for the ferry. Sigh...not once but twice!! Then right after Ft. Ebey he had to go again!!! Thank goodness I have finally decided to keep a water bottle in my car for these many occasions for Dru. The kid is unreal! What blows my mind is he had to go again, 10 minutes after we stopped!!!



Anyway, probably more than you wanted to know! We finally got to the park and we all spilled out of the car. Probably looked a bit comical but we got there and everyone was in one piece. And that's saying a lot!

It was a good day. The boys didn't get to do everything they wanted but that's ok to. Life goes on and the world is still spinning around.

Here is my family with my grandmother...what is that 3 generations there? Either way something I don't have a lot of. Happy 85th Birthday Grandma!
We did manage to make it to the water and throw some rocks into the water...it needed one more rock in it right? Eli had such a blast...no one was tellig him no and to not to do that. It was a good day for him.

Don't ask me why but for some reason that child was SET on taking all his animal crackers out and making a pile. He wasn't eating them, just piling them up. Early signs of hoarding or early signs of an unknown OCD? Who knows!Grandpa was showing and teaching them how to play horseshoes...so why is dad doing the sign for touchdown?
My grandmother. I have good memories of her as a child. She could spoil a grandchild rotten!

My boys at City Beach. All the times I have been here as a kid it's not my turn to bring them here. I certainly don't make it as often as I'd like and that makes me sad but I do try.
If I had my way I'd be living on the Island in a heart beat...I think if I wear Frank down enough I think we might have a chance to retire there...whenever that is going to be. We all have dreams, this is one that I'd like to see come to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...