Sunday, July 25, 2010

M.I.A

Well...Frank got off and into Detroit for his class this week. I'll be perfectly honest with you guys. I was fine with him leaving and had no qualms with him being gone for a week. That is, up until he got in his truck and pulled out of the driveway. THEN I was not OK with it. All I could think while he was driving away was...wait a second I'm not OK with this! I take it all back!!! COME BACK!!!
But alas...that is not to be. So in Detroit he will be for a week and when he comes back we'll be gone on a camping trip. I felt bad for Ian tonight...he started crying after saying prayers over the phone with his dad. I thought the kids would be OK, I was wrong! Ian was crying pretty hard. I had that totally wrong! I felt so bad. So after another talk with his dad he was better, but I have a feeling this could be a really long week until Thursday when we go camping and he'll have other things to think about. Like how to keep up with his older and favorite buddy...
Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Here's hoping the kids and I make through the week alive and in one piece!!!

3 comments:

  1. Kinda makes you think about the military children doesn't it? It goes without saying that we apprecite our military but I think the real hero's are the momms, dads wives and kids. I love watching on TV when Daddy's come home!

    Have fun CAMPIING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so thankful that there's pretty much no way that Frank could be in the military (he's color blind), there's no way I could do it. I am a military brat, and I remember when Desert Storm happened and finding out my dad was on call or whatever they call it...scared the pee right outta me. He never went but it was enough and being a military brat was enough...I do not want that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband was too. Suzy and I were in Key West when we heard. I can remember where we were standing. But I must admit I loved the 2 weeks a year that he was totally gone :) the weekend a month I hated!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...