Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Admiralty Head Lighthouse

Part of our camping trip was going to see Admiralty Head Lighthouse. The boys were SO excited to show their grandpa this lighthouse. They know their Grandpa LOVES lighthouses and collects lighthouse things. It was nice to see my boys taking an interest in someone else and their interest instead of themselves. Warmed my heart.

So here is the lighthouse. A closer shot of the, well...the lighthouse part. I'm sure there is a proper name for that part but I don't know what.
The climb up the lighthouse...Ian, Grandpa and Lee along with Frank (and possibly Dru) braved the steep, winding flight of stairs up. I did it once pregnant with Eli and that was enough. Trying to go down those steps was something else when you can't see your feet and where they are going.So Grandma and I, along with Eli stayed behind so that we could wave up at them. I was surprised that the picture turned out so well behind the glass.
(notice my knees look very nice here...a shot before I found the pothole)
I think Grandpa had a good time at the lighthouse...he bought a poster and a hooded sweatshirt for Grandma. I'm glad we had the opportunity to go camping with Frank's family. Especially since my boys would get their grandparents all to themselves. I think it's important that they get their own time with them along with when we do big family functions too. They were so excited.

Update: On Great Grandma. She seems to be doing better. They, the Dr's, decided to shock her heart in hopes that it would make her heart get back into proper rhythm. They did that today and so far so good. Still not sure when she'll be out but at least that's good news instead of the alternative. Thank your for your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...