Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Googly Eye

I don't even know where to start with this...other than if it's going to happen it will happen to me. Sadly, this particular event has happened before once upon a time. Come along with me on this highly hysterical journey that left me with a migraine...well not just from that but close enough.



My boys are going to VBS this week at a different church and having a blast! Dru especially because he gets to go and be in a class all by himself with out his brothers. I think that alone will be the highlight of his summer. He has a best bud in his class which makes it even better. Today they did a craft thing dealing with a snake of some sort...the boys really couldn't tell me what the deal was with the snake. I digress. On this snake it had coloring on it, some beading and a snake tongue along with some googly eyes.

Which was all fine and good until the kids were taking them off and sticking them on their bellies and making their belly buttons talk. Which was even fine doing that. Go forward about an hour and Frank had to leave and get us a tent and he was no more out the door 5 minutes before I heard a screech come from...(drum roll please...) Dru. He was screeching at Lee that a googly eye was up his nose! I wasn't paying much attention because I thought they were playing. Until I hear Lee say in a quite panicked voice "WHAT!?!" Then I hear "Mom Dru has a googly eye up his nose!!!!" To which I say WHAT!?!.



Anyway, they tell me he's got the darn thing up his nose and I went over there and looked and there was an eye on the couch and I asked if that was it...he said nnnooooo.... (remember he's 3) and I asked if there was still one up his nose...yyyeeessss.... *sigh* Let me look. I looked, I practically had that kid hanging upside down on the couch to see. And wouldn't you know it...that darn googly eye was in his nose!!!

WHY ME LORD!?! What did I do to deserve this? I'm pretty sure I won't know the answer to that, but still the thought crossed my mind. I will tell you I didn't panic, remember I've been through this before...I panicked then though if that helps at all. So I got my tweezers (didn't want to but couldn't think of anything else to pick at it...hahahaha I said pick). I went to work positioning Dru just so and peered up his nose and went to work...well it didn't go as well as I had envisioned. He would not sit still nor would he stop crying. I had him blow while holding one nostril shut. That didn't work either...Frank tried a thing or two and that didn't work either. To make this long, highly hysterical story short, we called our Dr couldn't get ahold of him we went to the ER. We registered and I tried the Dr a few more times, all to no avail. So I figured I'd try to get it out by blowing one more time. And just as I get through at the Dr office than Dru blew the eye right out his nose! YEAH!!!!!



So we let the registration desk know, get that taken care of and off we go. And no sooner do I get to the car than my Dr's nurses call. Go figure!



Anyway, here is the culprit in question...Googly Eye. Gave a whole new meaning to 'I've got my eye on you'. And I thought of that as I was trying to get the darn thing out! Here's Dru when we told him we had to go see a Dr at the hospital...he was NOT impressed in the least! When we were at the ER several people were laughing and smirking...at which point I did turn around and looked at one woman and quite jokingly told her she couldn't laugh. As we were leaving I told Dru no more sticking things up his nose and some big gentlemen was trying not to smile. How can you not laugh? This face is priceless! He was really concentrating on breathing through his mouth...
After all has been said and done I looked at Frank and asked or said I bet your mom never had to do anything like this. (I think this situation is a genetic thing) and he said well I don't know, he didn't remember. I'm not all together buying that...and let it just be said I'm positive it's not from this side of the family. I'm just putting that out there....
So I hope you enjoyed this...

2 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...