Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Variety

So you have your variety of berries and I'm learning all kinds of new ones. Who knew there were so many to keep track of and I want to try them all!!! Today I went raspberry picking with my sister in law who kindly let me come and pick berries with her. Thank you Kylie! Anyway, we were talking about all the berries and of course trying to figure out what some berries were. Bumbleberries? Tayberries? Loganberries? Did you know there were such things as white raspberries? I didn't. Learn something new every day don't you?

Also while picking berries with my sister in law, we also picked Honkleberries ...no you didn't read that wrong. It's exactly as I typed it. According to Lee these are Honkleberries and not Huckleberries. Bet you didn't know there was such a berry did you! Thought not! I can't stop laughing...that kid can crank some good ones out...enjoy. I haven't quite figured out just what I'm going to do with these, but I'll think of something!

2 comments:

  1. Rita's Ray and I have had MANY arguments about THOSE Huckleberries. We think those aren't so good. But what we call Huckleberries are WONDERFUL! Ray says what we call Huckleberries are just wild blueberries. I don't believe him. :) I'm glad you got to go and can start filling up your freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad too. I have only know these kinds of berries to be Huckleberries...but since I didn't know about all the other berries like Tayberries and such...I think you both are probably right.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...