Sunday, July 4, 2010

4TH Of July

Happy 4Th of July everyone! Today we started out by going to church and then we left a tad early to make it to the parade. I love small town parades! Just feel a bit more homey than what I imagine big parades in bigger towns...like Seattle. Nothing against Seattle but there are somethings where I want the small home town feel.

Anyway, here we are waiting for the parade to start and keeping our space for some friends who will come along later (they were good and stayed at church).The parade has started!!!! So exciting! Our Veterans! This is the part of the parade for me that is hard and makes me teary-eyed! I get really choked up. Eli is very excited about the police cars and fire trucks...he had such a good time!Our Mayor.And because I am who I am...I got all twittery when I saw this guy....Congressman Dave Reichert! It's not every day our little town gets someone like this stopping by for our little parade. Very exciting!And look who else showed up at our parade! George and Martha Washington! Do wonders ever cease!
Alpaca's...watch out they spit!
Two really cute pooper scoopers on their John Deer! My friend and I thought this was really cute and fun!
My friend and her children and my boys. She's a kindred spirit...she's got 4 children...she GETS it! But she got the girl in the end..well first really.
We all had so much fun today, I'm glad we went. The weather is a bit iffy...it's kinda cold and windy. I have a feeling that tonight is going to be chilly and we'll be watching the fireworks in our sweatshirts. We will have a good time either way...we are meeting some friends for a tailgate BBQ, the boys will have a good time playing with friends and me with my friends. I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday!

3 comments:

  1. NOTHING like a small town parade! but I hate it when the politicians get involved, we had them creepy crawling all over and around the air show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I wasn't all that impressed with all the politicians around and in the parade...but he was the only one that wasn't handing stuff out and if I remember correctly he was just walking in front of his sign and waving...pretty mild to what the other ones were doing...sides he also caught the Green River Killer too...a celebrity in that avenue too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should say helped...he didn't do it by himself...

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...