Saturday, December 11, 2010

An Attempt At Finding Lost Things...

Helllooo there!
Attempt #1

So it feels like forever since I last posted something. So as you all may realize we are in the month of December. If you also haven't noticed on past comments I struggle with the holidays...I really, really hate them. I really think my motto is Bah Humbug this year...OK well every year. For years the holidays have been beyond stressful for me....many things factoring into that. I do have to say though, that when we moved into our house, about 4 years ago, that first Christmas in our home was probably the BEST! We stayed at home with our new born son and his brothers. This was HUGE! And so now every other year or if we have a new baby (I refuse to go anywhere on a holiday with a newborn) we take turns. We stay home and then the next year is with the husbands' family, and it has worked out great for us. Some of his family not so much but what can I say, hard to please them all! Boy I sound grumpy...I'd laugh but this attitude I have is bothering me! I did set out this season to try and have at least a better 'tude than normal...lasted all of 5 secs...next year I'll shoot for 10! Progress people!
I'd grade this attempt as: FAIL

Attempt #2

This one started a week or so ago..probably a week. I had been toying with it for a long time but the biggest hump for me was well...me. A sad pattern here I know. But I was and am trying to achieve better on this one. My attempt was to try and lessen the yelling that I do at my son Lee. I love Lee like he was my own (bwahahahaha) but that kid has a stubborn streak, well I'd say a mile long but I'm sure it's longer than that. I have always said I need to figure out how to use his super power (stubbornness) for good. Being stubborn is not a bad thing...just need to know how to use it well. This is a typical day for Lee...and I know you'll all think I'm cruel...I go in and wake Lee up by ripping his covers off and getting him out of bed, by grabbing him at his ankles and dragging him out. Make him sit at the table and eat maybe a quarter cup of cereal, he acts like I'm making him eat a box (they have to eat something before they leave for school, leave it to my kids to have the school call me asking why I didn't feed my children), then he's to brush his teeth and wash his hands and face, THEN he's suppose to get dressed and get his things ready for school. After that he's to pick up his room, after all of that he has free time, so to speak. Because Lee is who he is, he skips most of that and goes straight to his room and plays. So then I spend all of the morning yelling at him and threatening him with in an inch of his little life to get his act together and MOVE! Just so you know, we start our day at 7am...he doesn't have to be at the bus stop until 8:30am...ample time. Not for Lee.

So, I decided I'd have to follow through with one of my threats (so far he's not made me make him go to school in what he's got on or not on...thank you Lord!). I told him we had to start getting up at 6:30am. BLINK...BLINK...BLINK... I am not up that early...sure my alarm goes off but that's why I have the snooze go off for the next half hour. I actually have to get my butt out of bed! Ugh! This kid I swear (and yes I do every time I get up in the morning...it's too early!). All I can say is at least this had some results early on...good results I might add. My yelling has been less and that half an hour (I tried 15 minutes and that was a joke). It has given him just enough time to wake ...in my opinion however it gives him too much time cause now he was to chit chat while he's eating. I however have no desire to chit chat let alone listen to anyone talk to me...makes me want to put an ice pick in my ears. But that's just a side note...I am taking the good results and running (not away) with them.
I would grade this attempt at: Pass...barely!

Well, I'd say there's what's been going on in a nut shell, but I'd be lying...and I better not. You know the big guy is checking some list...

Well I hope everyone has a great start to their week, sadly this is the last week of school. Much to my horror and dread! I suppose at some point we should put the tree up, but I don't want to, and do some other holidayish stuff but eh...

If someone finds my Christmas Spirit could you send it back to me? Might make the season easier to get through, thanks! I know my family would appreciate it :)

4 comments:

  1. It is what it is......... It's either FML or It's A Wonderful Life.......... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going with It's A Wonderful Life...I'm going with sarcasm...thank you for getting me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do it for your kids not matter how much you hate it. and you make memories and you will have sweet memories and some day you'l look back and think WOW that was great! Spoken from experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Auntie...there is hope yet!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...