Thursday, December 23, 2010

Long Awaited

FYI: This was last night...but because I am who I am...I already have a post for last night, so I'm posting it today...so just pretend you read it last night :)

Well...with out much fanfare...we got the tree up today. This year we actually have more ornaments on the tree...wow! I'm impressed with myself!! *patting self on the back*

Anyway, tree is up, the kids started noticing all the other families/homes had theirs up...when did it become important to keep up with the "Jone's"? Who are the Jone's anyway? Inquiring minds would like to know.

I try to remember to take a picture with the boys in front of the finished product...notice something missing? Well someone anyway? You do??? Huh...I lost someone... OH! There he is! See my Lee-Lee? You don't? He's the Eeyorish looking fella there...still need help...he's the one that looks like he's been drug into a picture against his will. Find him? I know it's like looking for Waldo but it's really easy. Just so we are all aware...after all was said and done and this was the best picture I was going to get, I took the picture and let them all go. After we were done doing the group thing...well he was ready to take pictures...by himself!!! He's going to be the death of me!!! *sigh*
Here is the tree lit up...sadly I cut the poor angels head off...whose bright idea was that? Our tree is a fake tree and it's seen better days, I had to add 2 strands of lights onto it because apparently we are missing a whole bulb on there?? I have no idea how long we've had it but there have been rumblings about wanting a real tree again. Thankfully, Frank and I at least agree on the type of tree...we like the really full ones. Whew! Check that one of the list right? My dream tree (at least once and when the boys will leave well enough alone...it could happen!!!) is a flocked tree, with colored lights, and colored balls. I can see it in my head and it's absolutely beautiful! Can you see it?
Another shot of the tree, not lit. Again...who took this picture?? Cutting the head of the angel can not been seen as good!!! Like the painting by the tree? Frank's Grandpa painted that, it's of Snoqualmie Falls...which is by where I grew up. We also have a painting from Grandpa of Mt. Rainer, where Frank grew up...we have it on a wall on the other side of the window. But thanks to a little boy named Lee, who didn't listen (shocker I know!) he kicked/threw a ball and it bounced right to that painting. Kid is lucky to be alive to be honest...the picture is not completely wrecked...just needs a piece of the frame glued back on and it will be good as new.
Lucky, lucky kid! Well, kids can't wait for Christmas to get here...kids are getting anxious...and I'm ready for it to come....ssshhhh...don't let everyone know I actually said that out loud! HA! On top of it all, this is a red letter moment folks...I actually got the Christmas cards out this year....before Christmas!! What an achievement!! Of course they were from last year and already addressed but whatever right?
Well, in theory I was suppose to be wrapping presents...which I have yet to actually start doing. If I want to not be up until the crack of dawn Christmas morning...I better get going! So good night one and all...

1 comment:

  1. ha! Funny. I read this as I am writing addresses on envelopes to get the Christmas cards out. I doubt they are going out before Christmas though.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...