Friday, September 2, 2011

Missing Ohio

So Frank and I went to Ohio last weekend (yes it's been a whole week already...more like a lifetime ago!) and visited my family that's there.  I miss them terribly and two cousins had babies and I desperately needed to come sniff their babies and see them!  They seriously all need to move back home...

Here I am with Chase...he's my second cousin, his momma is Jennie (you'll see her later).

My cousin Brooke and myself (no we didn't call each other but man we coordinate well!). We are 3 months and 16 days apart (whose counting right?) I love her to pieces and we were thick as thieves as kids. I miss that with an ache in my heart!
(I have pictures to put up later of her little guy Ryan...he is 3 months old and I was loving that baby smell!)

My cousin Morgan and I.  Isn't her hair beautiful!?! I remember when she was little and she'd follow Brooke and I around all the time...drove us nuts! Love her to pieces though!

This is my second cousin Trinity and she is 9 months older than Ian.  Her mom is Morgan. This was the second time I have seen her and it's been fun...it felt more comfortable this time...we aren't complete strangers now ;)

This is Jennie and below is her twin Carrie.  The older they get the more I get to know them better.  I didn't really have a chance to get to know them as kids.  The one memory I have of them (I'm sure they are so tired of hearing me talking about) is when their sister, Brooke, and I had to babysit them one day during the summer.  The girls were about 1 or older and it was around nap time or something like that.  Anyway, one of the girls had done something naughty and when Brooke and I were trying to figure out which one did it (I swear only their mother could tell them apart as babies...I couldn't) this is what they said to us.  "I not Jennie, I Carrie." the other one then said "I not Carrie, I Jennie". 

These two were some smart cookies at 1 year old.  So the result of that was they both got in trouble and had to go down for a nap!  HA!
Right here I'm with Carrie.  I have a feeling she's like me right now, just living it up as an Auntie and digging it! She's in love with her 2 nephew's and her niece!  Aunties ROCK!

Here I am with Jennie and her son Chase.  I'm so glad I was able to come and meet the babies!

Chase and I are second cousins...he loves me best!

Trinity, Morgan and I


This is John...Brooke's love of her life...oh and me (I'm in the picture that is...HA!)!
 ;)
I had a really good time this time around (we were in OH 3 years ago for Brooke and John's wedding and had a good time then too!) talking to John and learning a bit more about him (last time he was busy being a social butterfly at his wedding).  He is a really nice guy and he's got a subtle or dry sense of humor and most of all he makes Brooke happy and treats her well.  What more can I ask for her?

All of us.  Too bad we don't live closer...I could see some double dates here...someday
(John did say he would move to WA...so I looked at Brooke and said lets get packing!)

All the cousins and spouses together!  We make an awesome group!
(we did good with our timed picture!)

And here is the Matriarch of the family in Ohio, my Aunt Kelly.  She misses WA so much and I can hear it in her voice.  Her momma is so far away and she misses many things (weather being one of them during the summers in OH).  I had a good time helping her watch her grandbabies and visiting her.

I'm so grateful for being able to get to Ohio to visit my family and I miss them terribly. 

 Until we see each other again!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you got to go and had such a good time! Cute babies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you enjoyed your vacation. I'm glad!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...