Sunday, September 11, 2011

Patriot Day-10 Years Later

10 years has come...
I sit here thinking back to this day and how my day unfolded, like so many Americans that day.  I remember Frank called and told me to get up and watch the news.  I remember watching the second plane fly into the 2nd World Trade Center.  I remember how I felt...scared, sad...scared some more, mad, shocked...it ran the gamut...didn't it for you?

We can not forget this day and the sacrifices that were made by so many people and families!
This day can not be for nothing, it has to mean something, we have to make it have meaning.  And not just this day but the last 10 years of lives lost protecting our rights, I believe, whether you agree or not, they (soldiers) are out there protecting our nation and that needs our support. 


Our Father, which art in heaven
  Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.

            Thy will be done in earth,

    As it is in heaven.

                            Give us this day our daily bread.

                             And forgive us our trespasses,

                            As we forgive them that trespass against us.

                         And lead us not into temptation,

                    But deliver us from evil.

                        For thine is the kingdom,

                       The power, and the glory,

                 For ever and ever
 Amen.








1 comment:

  1. 9/11 will never mean nothing, no reason to attempt to make it mean something. It was a horrific day that over 3000 Americans lost their lives, including the lives of some firemen and associated who were attempting to rescue trapped people. They deserve remembrance and respect. Nothing to forget there.
    I do however disagree that the soldiers overseas have much to do with 9/11 though it has morphed into that, rather than about the people that died and the reasons why they died. No wars were started because of 9/11.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...