Saturday, March 21, 2009

Crystal Light and Milk

So today we had our first EVER family get together from my side. My brother and sister in law drove all the way from Spokane to be with and celebrate being together. I think we had a good time. My brother and sister in law stayed the night with us on Friday night. Ian and Lee had a great time playing their Nintendo systems with their Aunt and Uncle who had the same systems as they did...over the moon. They got to play a few new games also..can't beat that! So mom provided the wonderful turkey we all ate, I just cooked it and we had all the fixings that some people eat with Thanksgiving dinner...it was yummy and I managed to walk away with all the trimmings for future dinners. SCORE! We also celebrated Ian's birthday this month and my mother's birthday. Two people who really get hyped up for their birthdays...they are alike in that way.


So this is our family picture...Frank is taking the picture...thanks dear! This one is funny cause we couldn't get Dru to look at the camera which was fine but Frank really wanted to try. With kids you just can't expect to get all of them to look at the camera all at the same time...just a fact when they are little. So Frank took one more and got Dru to look but then there were a few that were looking at Dru, it was pretty funny.

And now you see people looking at Dru instead of Frank. This is my dear husband who was very helpful to me in getting dinner ready and getting the house clean for our company. All while his teams for the March Madness was on...he's a good fella! Here we all are at dinner, we'd just gotten done eating...it was quite the spread that we all contributed to.I love this picture, another one of Eli and Grandpa snuggling together. My parents were cracking me up. They were both taking Eli out of each others arms saying Eli needed Oma or needed Grandpa. Warms my heart...Grandpa is bound and determine to have a grandchild like him before the child is two...I think he's on the right path. Go Grandpa!


We were opening gifts and my dad was so excited for what he got from David and Nina...he's a goofy guy...and to be honest...Calvin and Hobbes is always good in my book. And for some reason my father really likes Dragon Ball Z, don't ask cause I don't know why he likes it so much and what is really getting him going is they are making a movie based off the cartoons...



Here is Oma again, putting Eli to sleep again...I don't think she'd had him very long and she had already put him to sleep. I asked if she would come and stay the night but she just laughed at me and said no. I don't know why though.

I am in LOVE with this picture. This is Dru and Grandpa playing and I love that the two of them are looking at each other so closely. The other thing I really like is the look on my dad's facing while playing with Dru. He loves his grandsons I can SEE it in his face right here.

Oma is opening her gift from us. We got her a modern day Grandma/Oma brag book. We bought her a digital pocket viewer and on top of it all it's purple. That's my mom's favorite color and mine. Anyway, this little viewer holds 60 pictures and I filled them up for her. Pictures of her grandsons and her and dad with their grandchildren. I also put in a picture of Frank and I in there just to say we are here too!! My mom really loved it and I'm glad she did. And now she can show off her grandchildren that much easier.

And on a side note...my mother made this quilt for my brother and his wife for their wedding gift. I absolutely LOVE this quilt, it is by far the coolest one yet I think. And I've seen quite a few of them in my life. She did a great job...those hearts are actually woven fabric, she wove it herself! My two bits of help was to put the red binding on the edge of the quilt and it sure turned out really nice. This day was a long time in coming and I know we all had a good time overall today. And my title comes from my lovely sister in law who is struggling with brain cells not working like they use to before getting pregnant. For the big dinner I asked them to bring some beverages and bread for dinner. So she promptly tells me well she can only have crystal light and milk. And it just made me laugh. Plus it's kinda silly...crystal light??? I told her to not worry about the milk that I had that, but that maybe she could bring Sparkling Cider too. So they did and it was yummy! But her comment has continually made laugh off and on since then.
Well take care everyone and I'm off to bed. Eli has finally fallen asleep after yelling at me for like hours and I've got church to try and make tomorrow. I really want to try and get there but we'll see how sleeping goes. I have eaten something in the last few days that is not agreeing with his little system and his colic is flaring up so to speak.

2 comments:

  1. "Papa's" are wonderful what ever they are called. Some day I'm going to make a scrapbook for Caroline with her Papa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are good memories, something to look back on. Something I want my kids to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...