Sunday, March 22, 2009

Movie Day

So today was just a day to relax. After yesterday and on Friday we all needed to just stay home and relax and just be. Which was fine even though we had big plans for today, which never came to fruition for many reasons. After last night with Eli there was no way I was up to go shopping like I wanted. I couldn't figure out Eli last night. I went through everything I ate the last few meals and I couldn't come up with anything that would bother his tender tummy. Finally he ended up passing out and for many hours. I only know this cause he didn't nurse at night cause I was a bit tender and 'full' if you get my drift. We got to sleep in until 9:3o this morning. YES!! I did finally figure out what Eli's deal was. He was, in my opinion, extremely over stimulated by what went on from Friday to Saturday. It was just too much for him, cause after last night, tummy wise he's fine. So it wasn't his tummy at all, thankfully. We had the family staying the night at our house. He was passed around a lot on Saturday...it was just too much for him.

So we finally get up and Frank and the boys have been up for several hours and Frank is lagging and has a headache he's not been able to get rid of. So I run a quick errand, in hopes of relieving his headache, I go to Starbucks and get him a triple shot peppermint mocha. It did the trick for awhile. Shortly after I got back Eli needed another nap and so off we went for another 2 hours...today was a good day tater!!

The other reason we decided to stay home was that Dru was acting funny and neither of us could figure out why. Well, after awhile we got wise and took his temperature...a 101' fever will make you feel out of sorts. Don't know why he's got a fever but it sure took the wind out of his sails that's for sure.

So, the boys got to watch their new movies from their Aunt and Uncle got them and they were in 7Th heaven ALL day! They LOVED their new movies. Frank and I watched our movie which was Miracle at St. Anna's. When this movie first came to the theaters I thought I heard it was either based off a true event, true story, or even true people. But we never did see anything that said that before or after the movie. So now I don't know if I heard right or not. Oh well, it was a long movie and it was okay. I figured the movie out before it got over...I NEVER do that! I'm stumped to the end or longer.

For those of you who don't know we are taking part in Lent this year and I chose to have my boys start participating in it. So for them I told them (I know but they are still young and learning the concept, so I chose for them) they were giving up candy and as many sweets as possible (Ian's birthday is during Lent, I couldn't ask a 7 year old to give up his birthday cake for Lent). So, Ian and Lee and I were talking at the dinner table today about Lent and how we thought it was going, and of course they asked me how many more days it was until Easter. That question is being asked a lot right now. I was asking the boys how they thought Lent was going this year and what they thought about giving up candy for Lent and if it was hard what they were doing. Of course they said it was hard and they were VERY ready for it to be over...so I counted and there are 21 days left. We kept talking and they were really getting into what they would give up next year. Ian made me laugh, only my kid would take it one step further. He was throwing different things out there, just being silly. And he finally stops and looks at me and says 'Mom I got IT! I'm going to give up school for Lent next year!' He is such a goofball. Then he tells me that he's going to give up laughing and I just said 'you can't do it Ian.' So I test Ian and say 'Ian start right now,don't laugh!"...and the boy just busted out laughing and couldn't stop. Ian has such a contagious laugh and when he really gets going he's a hoot to listen too, you can't help but laugh with him.

Today was a good day for our family. It really does seem like sometimes that they are few and far between. And with Frank working so much lately, which is fine, it was nice to just sit and be as a family, even if we all weren't in the same room with each other. I feel at peace right now and just blessed. I hope everyone had a good weekend also.

Here is a picture I took two years ago at my grandparents garden. This flower just mesmerizes me. It is beautiful and I have no idea what kind of flower it is.

2 comments:

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...