Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just for the Halibut

So these are just a few things that were said or done today by my kids.



Lee~~ Mom, was that a friend? Yes Lee she is someone I know. Well why is she your friend? I don't know Lee, cause we like each other. Well why does she want to be your friend? Lee can't I just have a friend just cause? No. ? You know Lee there are people out there that like me and think I'm pretty fun to be around. To which he just looked at me like I had grown a second head.



Lee (again)~~~Background...he had fish, shrimp and fries for dinner. He said mom...I didn't like that fish tonight mom. Well Lee I don't care. Mom I liked the blue fish. What blue fish Lee? The blue fish with teeth mom, that's the fish I liked at the restaurant. Well Lee I'm just so sorry I don't have restaurant quality fish for you to eat at home. (What is with this kid?)



Dru~~ (we were coming out of a store) LOUD! Mom loud! (ears are covered). Then he stops in the middle of the parking lot, with deer in the headlight look, at a big truck he sees. He stops, and the truck just keeps going and he looks at me and wipes his brow and says WHEW! That had me rolling.



I have had a weird and roller coaster day today. Tomorrow is my Ian's birthday and he will be 7. I can't hardly believe how time has flown.



Tonight I started some seedlings for my garden. I started beans, sugar snaps, lavender, mint, lemon, corn, sunflowers, carrots. Here is a picture of what I'm starting out with. I hope to chronicle it a little from start to finish. Should be good.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love hearing things kids say.. WHY didn't I keep a book in 20 some years of working with kids!?? We might all be rich.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...