Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We don't live in a Fish bowl Anymore

Okay so awhile back Frank and I decided to put new windows in our house instead of paying a ridiculously high heating bill. For $200 (which is HIGH to us having never paid more than $90 in the almost 9 years we'd been married) we could make payments on windows for that amount. So we got new vinyl windows to replace the old and NASTY aluminum windows. We had the windows replaced February 13Th...it has taken us this long to get the window treatments a.k.a blinds. And I must say they look wonderful and now I feel like the rest of the house doesn't match all the wonderful newness in our house. We desperately need new carpet next...that's my goal anyway. So here are some before and afters...




This is Dru's room before.

This is Dru's room after the lovely blinds have been put in. These blinds are cordless blinds...no worrying about my kids wrapping things around their necks...like they always do.
This is the Master bedroom before (I was running the dryer, another reason we needed to get new windows).

This is our room afterwards....and the nice thing is that our room is fairly dark. We think that's great cause when it's bright outside during the summer and such it's so hard to sleep with it being so bright.

This is our dining room before.

This is our dining room afterwards. We got faux composite wood blinds for the living and dining room. No fabric type blinds where my children and food might actually combine. We did that with the last blinds and food ended up on the blinds and stained them. I was not happy. I think the blinds really make our house look nicer/cleaner. Well that's been my day which was enough. Hope you all had a good St. Patrick's Day and no one got pinched. It took Lee the whole day to figure out that I wasn't wearing green today. I could see he wanted to pinch me but knew better than that...Here's a pic of Eli in his outfit. He was cute that's for sure!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blinds!!!!! Now you won't be "blinded" by the light. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blinds. I want to smooch those little Irish cheeks.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...