Friday, June 10, 2011

Count Down

Well, not really.  I'm still on the fence about this school year being over.  In some respects I'm ready...ready for SO many reason and SO ready for Ian to have a fresh start next year.  I know every year I'm on the fence about them being out, but like I've said before we always seem to survive it and have a blast. 

With that said...not counting weekends we have one week left to go!!! Next school year Lee will go into Second, Ian into Fourth, and Dru will attend Preschool again.  They all had a decent year for the most part.

One week...still trying to process that!  I do have a bit of excitement coming on the last day of school.  I planned a party that I am excited about, I'm really not sure whose more excited, myself or my children.  I planned an End of the Year party for my boys and my nieces and nephews.

 I have to laugh though, and I'm going on a tangent here for a moment because this is SO me.  I sent my invites out and put all the pertinent info on there, date, time, what to bring...that kind of thing.  Well I said they should come when school gets out or when their parents will bring them.  Well of course AFTER I sent the invites out I got a piece of paper from one of the boys saying that the last day of school was a half day.  Are you kidding me!?!?!  I totally thought it would be a normal day, on Fridays' they get out an hour earlier than the rest of the week, so why do a half day?  Again, generally no one asks my opinion about these important things.  So if you haven't gathered, I wasn't expecting children until 2:30 or 3pm.  What was I thinking??  Now since school gets out at 12:15 they could all be here shortly after!!!  No, I love them all.  They'll just be here 3 hours earlier than I anticipated...hahahahahaha! (you decide what kind of laugh that is)

So back to the party, I really did just have to share that because that's so how thing have been operating of late.  I am keeping all things crossed that the weather will be nice...because I am really hoping that we can pop our new tent up and we are all going to camp out in the backyard.  OK well not all of us...I'm betting Frank will be sleeping in the house, party pooper! Or maybe he's the sane one here...time will tell.  On top of camping in the backyard we will be having pizza and soda and homemade applesauce (probably not exciting to them but I like my applesauce).  For dessert we are having ice cream sundae (who thinks we should just skip all the above and jump right to the ice cream?).  They were asked to bring their favorite ice cream topping.  Today we bought ours, we got chocolate sprinkles and Magic Shell-orange creme flavor...it was a really tough decision with tears and anger involved (seriously..mostly by the 9 and 7 year old...SO don't get that).  It will be interesting to see what the other kiddos bring, eclectic tastes all of them (SO didn't know there was a marshmallow topping until one of them had that at their house).  What I wanted to do was find an outdoor fire pit so we could do Smore's.  I didn't think it would be so hard to find but it turns out it was...some were melted thru and  some had gone through several.  One was melted from motor oil?  Don't ask...I think there was more to that story than I think I was willing to endure.

All in all I think it will be a ton of fun and I really, really hope that the kids have fun and this can be something we do every year as long as they want to do it.  I guess if the nieces and nephews don't really like it I can still do it with my kids.  You all know it's my life goal to be the coolest and most fave Auntie EVER!!

That night is going to be EPIC!

(let's just hope I live to regal you with stories and pictures!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...