Monday, July 4, 2011

Pony Boy

So I know I've been MIA for awhile but I've been busy.  I have a good reason I swear!

Anyway, the 4th of July was fine as far as holidays go I suppose. It was a bummer that Frank had to work on the 4th and not get the next day off.  That meant no firework show as a whole family...bummer! We spend the day by going to the towns parade with some friends.  I had a good time and the kids did too I think.  I was sad that the parade was not nearly as long as it has been in the past, I thought it ended early this year.  Turns out the parade had half the entries that it had last year...we had 45 entries/float/groups and last year we had 80+.  It was kinda sad.  It was still fun though and something to do with the kids!  

After the parade we came home and I made pizza for lunner and then we played in the backyard.  Well the boys did while I put my outdoor table together.  Talk about sweating buckets!! Holy cow!  Well I'm pretty proud of myself, I got it together and it didn't fall apart when I went to sit at the table!  Hi five! 

While I was doing that I set up the sprinkler for the kids...that lasted for not very long!  What happened to kids enjoying a sprinkler?? Who says you need a pool? Honestly!!

While playing Eli asked for a 'pony'...so a pony I gave him!  

Here is Eli's 'pony'.  He actually left it in for a lot longer than I thought he would.  Kinda surprised me!  Like my friend said, he must have been hot to leave it in for a bit!
The big boys all thought it was funny up until I told them they all had worn 'ponies' at one time when their hair was long...that stopped then cold.  HA! I had the last laugh on that one!

Enjoy the weather everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...