Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sand and Sun

Crescent Bar here we are!!!! In ALL our glory!!!  The Paulson's and Edgerton's are here and we are ready to p-l-a-y! 
So we walked ourselves to the pool only to find a note posted saying the pool motor was broken...my first thought was dear Lord this was going to be the longest vacation on record if this didn't get fixed.  Next I saw 6 crestfallen children who didn't know what to do or say.  Neither did I.  So back to the house to review the plan.  Decided that we'd go to the lagoon, so we scouted it out and away we went. 

 I forgot to bring my camera the first day so this is the second day.  The boys had so much fun catching Minnows and making their own little lagoons to keep them in.  It was an all day effort, the dike kept bursting and walls kept breaking down.  It really did keep them busy for the few hours we were down there.

Eli...you know this kid was so enjoyable this year, the last 2 years he did nothing but whine and cry and make things generally miserable.  This year he had one swimming class and he got brave and obnoxious!  I had to put a life jacket on him!  He kept throwing toys out in the water an walking out there...no common sense!

The fortified Lagoon that Ian was making sure stayed full for the Minnows.  That was his designated job!

This picture shouldn't be a shocker...He had a rough time this time around.  He was in between ages and as a general rule of thumb he just tends to annoy people more than anything.  This time was no different...he sent his brother and older-long time friend scaling the wall.  I kinda felt sorry for him, some years are just rough.
I do love that boy!

Ahhhh...Dru.  He and Eli really were content to play with each other or asking or help catching Minnows...Dru wanted at least 2. 

Our friend Issac, he is Lee's age.  His smile is so different with no front teeth.  Lee's front teeth are in and his smile has changed again!  I think Isaac has a good chance of being able to sing "All I Want For Christmas, Is My Two Front Teeth" this Christmas.  Sweet boy!

Dru scooping water up with his shovel.  Whatever keeps them entertained right?

BUBBLES!! BUBBLES!!
(You know, from the movie Nemo)

Our view from our chairs at the Lagoon.  It certainly has it's own beauty.
We had such a blast on our vacation that I have so much more to share.  So stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. It was a blast! And for 6 kids 12 and under they were GREAT kids! All of them.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...