Saturday, December 10, 2011

Where's The Mistletoe?

Well here we go.  As I've said before it takes me a LONG time to get into this thing they call Christmas Spirit.  Or it to find me.  I don't like putting decorations up or the tree...mostly the kids won't leave it alone...so I suppose that's normal. So with the encouragment from Nikki...I just bit the bullet and together Frank and I got it done.  We decided on a day and went for it...folks today was that day.

So I got the decorations and tree and went to work.  Frank got home from work and it was just in time to turn the lights on and start the ornament hanging.  Even for me there are some things we all have to be here for.  So here they are waiting for me to figure out what goes on the tree and where all the ornaments are.  Just for the record...my tree got put up about 12 days earlier than our normal...by my calculations.  You just have no idea just how big of a dea that is for this house...okay, okay..just me.

Since Eli is still so little he doesn't have nearly as many ornaments as the rest of them.  To be fair when it was Lee and Ian I tried to by them and us an new ornament a year...at some point when Lee was little that all stopped...very sad.  So for now, here are Eli's ornaments...he loves these ones and he's constantly touching and moving them...he's gonna drive me crazy!  And because my parents are coming to our house this year...my tree stays up a lot long than I had thought about.  Christmas night or the day after Christmas is just SO appealing!

Well there she is, all done up and purrty!  All the boys have their handmade ornaments up there and ones that were given to them.  I also put up my ornaments up there from when I was a kid...those are WAY up top, away from little hands.  As much as I love little hands...well you understand.  I'm ready for a new tree topper, we've had that old girl for 11 years now and she's falling apart.  I want another angel topper...

Ok, I'll give you that this is a good picture, even if Ian and Lee are milking the picture.  That little one is pretty cute.

Some old couple...name and orgin unknown.

Kidding!
Frank and I...we are blocking the tree but you get the idea...Ho Ho Ho and Merry Christmas and where's the Mistletoe? 

Traditions...every family or person has them...good ones, weird ones (to outsiders), ones that make you go hmmmm...  Well we have a tradition (I know surprised right) of when we put our tree up we get pizza (we tried to change it up last year...sorta went ok...) and I make the kids hot chocolate and we watch the Polar Express.  The kids watch it while Frank and I snooze...normally.

I know bad picture of Eli but there they are watching the Polar Express...job well done today boys!

*On a side note...ok well maybe two notes: 1. I only yelled once (that I heard myself yell) that I was cancelling Christmas all together and 2. I am ready to take the tree down already (that's in case you didn't figure that from earlier). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...