Sunday, January 15, 2012

That White Stuff

Well like most of you we had some of that white stuff fall at our house, much to the excitement of 4 boys and possibly one dog.  I'm still unsure if Charlie likes the snow or not.  When we left for church this morning there wasn't much and when we got home from church there was more but not much.  As soon as we walked outside those boys were plotting and scheming about making forts and piling up snowballs.  I kept telling them that I didn't think there was as much snow as they all thought there was there.   They didn't believe me.  I'm just mom you know and not any mom, the mom. 

Ian was working on his fort here with the big snowball and Lee was pulling Eli around on the sled while they stopped occasionally to make snowballs and stock pile them.  Eli loved having Lee pull him around (honestly who wouldn't right?).

I just really think Eli is cute and to be very honest I was surprised at how long he lasted outside.  This is such a different version of him from last year.  Last year he was being pulled in this very sled screaming and crying the whole time.  He was not happy to be cold and wet in that white stuff!  Look at him now!! He goes skiing and sledding! 

Ian working hard on his snow fort...he managed to make at least 4 of those and they are all praying for more snow to work with tomorrow.  I hope they get their wish...as much as I hate suiting them up and down and the consumption of time doing it, it wears them out and they love it.  We get so little snow sometimes that snow is really a big deal.  I do like snow...too a point.

Here's Lee...he's pushing everyone's buttons and they are on overload.  The frustrating thing is his birthday is coming up this week and we are going to a hockey game for his birthday and all I want to do is shake him silly!!
I love him but he's going to put me in an early grave and the other boys are going to be a breeze...or I could have it ALL backwards...which is more likely.

Here is Dru in his green and orange shubby coat...sometimes that kid cracks me up with the way he talks.  He had fun in the snow too...I hope to wear them out tomorrow in the snow too!

I made a double batch of Carmel popcorn today...pretty much spent all day doing that but it tastes so good it was worth it. As a matter of fact it's screaming my name as I sit here but my tongue is raw from eating it off and on while cooking it!  It's a tough situation you know!

Well I hope you got the snow or storm your were wanting cause I'm pretty sure most of us didn't.  However, I think the roads are going to be nasty in the morning so have a safe day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...