Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Come Walk Down Memory Lane

So I've been taking a walk in my mind about where I was 3 years ago. So come walk with me through a small photo journey...from birth to whatever the last picture is (I could have put a 100 or so on).

Dru was born September 1, 2006. He was 9lbs 11oz, born at 2 something in the morning. I had a home birth (yes I chose to do that) and it was the best birth I've had and the easiest, and if I had all my births to do over again I'd do it in a heart beat!

This is me in labor...obviously not the hard labor.Now I'm in hard labor. I had Dru at home in my own room. I labored in a kids pool. This was the best and the only way to have children. But that is one person's opinion and not every one's I know. I wish I had know about this with my first child. But after this experience going back to a hospital was VERY hard and it isn't something I would wish on anyone. But that's another story.Frank meeting Dru Sherman Paulson for the first time. (Ignore all the dates on the pictures, things got screwed up!)Here is Dru, 9lbs 11oz, he has been the best and easiest baby I have ever had and I truly believe it's because of the different choices I made for his birth and many other medical things. He is the MOST laid back and easiest kid and a wonderful personality to boot!What a pouty face! He was SO overdue! By my estimates at the LEAST 2 weeks...he already had dry skin that looked like elephant ankles...dry as a bone!Lee checking his baby out! He loves his baby!Seahawk's littlest and number one fan!Matt Hasselback's back up quarterback and look alike. This was also his first bath, about a month after he was born. He really doesn't look so impressed does he?Isn't he the cutest little pumpkin in the patch? We thought so, he had other ideas.This is one of my favorites...and my mother's for that matter. I just can't believe how little they all are. Time is screaming past me!!!Thanksgiving at our house, our first year ever, alone just us! Oh what a wonderful year it was, it was by far the BEST Thanksgiving I have had since I could remember! We went no where!Christmas...Oma bought them their pj's. They look like a bunch of jailbirds to me ;).I love this picture, Auntie Nikki took it and she captured Dru, his joy, laughter. How can you look at this and not smile or giggle? Future model! What are you doing later?This picture he looks grumpy but he was hardly ever grumpy. He's in his sling that he LOVES (to this day he still calls that his sling even if Eli uses it) Memorial weekend, his first camping trip ever. He is looking at his dad...one of my mom's other favorites...mine too. This picture just caught the adoration for his dad...melts my heart every time!Celebrating his daddy's birthday in the only we know how. It's just how we roll!Go DAWGS! Dru's special look only for me. He's my lover! He figured out he could get in the dryer and fit in there. He spent at least an hour playing in there. This kid really is a cheap thrill, truly!

Well thanks for walking with me. It makes me sad and excited all at the same time. I just never knew how hard it would be to watch my babies grow up. It's harder than I could have ever imagined. Happy Birthday 3rd Birthday Dru!

Love,

Ian, Lee, Eli, Mommy and Daddy

2 comments:

  1. He can't be three yet.No no and Ian can not really be that tall. What have you done to those babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, but I should knock it off!

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...