Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Scrimmage

So awhile back Ian had his first Scrimmage with an opposing team from Federal Way. He got to go in towards the last half of the 2 hours we were there.

This is his game face....Paulson came to play today!Coach giving the team a pep talk. Frank and Eli...avid supporters of Ian!Lee and Dru, there was a fumble and Dru fell on the ball, just like you are suppose to!There is the star of the day...well at our house anyway. Go #19!!So at the same time they have this football thing going they also have cheer that girls can sign up for. So we were 'graced' with the presence of these young ladies doing some cheers for awhile while the kids played some ball. I was fine until I was listening to some of the cheers they were chanting and all I could think was, really? They are asking the girls to chant that? Is that really appropriate? But as you all know, no one asks me these things and life just goes on.Here they are again.The Paulson family was out in force...The opposing team from Federal way...they look big cause they are big, plus these are the 8/9 year olds too, Ian didn't play this string, but the string he did play seemed just as big.There is Ian getting ready to play his position...which I believe that day was Center? I could so be wrong but just go with me on it folks.Ready position...and he did his job he didn't let the other guy get through. Down for the count, but he's fine. He just hasn't figured out how to get up all by himself with all the gear and pads on.

He did great that day and I hope every day he practices and plays that he gets better. And he is so that is good, which means he's listening too...which isn't a bad side effect from doing this sport in which I have to rearrange my adult life for a 7 year olds life. It's been an adjustment for me, and not something I'm particularly enjoying. But it is getting better for me the more I don't feel like my time is being wasted.

Ian did do well though, and he had his first game on the 29Th of August and he got some playing time in and his dad said he did really well and got a fabulous tackle in and took the other guy out! So great job Ian with sticking with something hard and not always wanting to do it or go to practice. Now if we could just get him to keep his cup on we'd be good...but that seems to be more my concern than his dad or him for that matter. It always seems to be me doesn't it?

Sigh...

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Having a kid follow thru a committment is hard but it always pays off. I want to know what those girls were chanting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I can't remember what they were saying but I do remember looking around at other people wondering if I just heard what I thought I'd heard.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...