Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mary Mary, Quite Contrary...

How does your garden grow?

Well for as much as I thought I had a green thumb...I think I'm realizing I am not all that! This is hard for me...I know I can't grow or keep alive Aloe Vera...or African Violet plants, but other than that I'm good with everything else.

Until I decided to have a vegetable garden...here I am being tested. Tested beyond my means of mental will power! I am just baffled. I planted beans this year, and they did well. I also planted cucumbers, those died with in days of planting them. I planted Zucchini's the first batched died with in days also, so I bought another seed packet. This is my second go round with the zucchini..and as you can notice I have no zuch's...you have no idea how annoyed I am by this whole situation.
Cause not only did I plant Zucchini's I planted pumpkin and they were doing great until like a month ago and then all the sudden something went wrong. I don't know what. But I gave them some fertilizer and they seem to be having a come back of sorts. Same goes for the Zucchini...they were all but gone but the fertilizer seemed to help. I have blossoms again for both plants. So on the pumpkins right here I do see what could be at least 2 possible pumpkin candidates. So keep your fingers crossed! I had high hopes of getting at least 6 pumpkins, which I don't think I will get. I'm sad about this, such plans I had!So here are my strawberries...I started out with 3 $4 plants. They have now taken over my itty bitty garden. I can't believe how....well LOOK! Three plants were in that blue container, I now I have the long box, a black container, the Terra cotta container, the other blue container to the left, and the rest are just growing on the ground! This is NUTS!Here are the other strawberries that I've just had to let them plant and trail to where ever cause I have run out of available planters. At least the strawberries are doing well. And for some reason I have little frogs living in one container, the original container I planted the strawberry plants in. I have counted or seen 5/6 frogs. Do those guys like strawberry plants or something? I think it's cool and the boys of course really like it.So another flub was sunflowers...this packed was touted as the jumbo or ginormous sunflowers. I thought this was the perfect place to plant them cause when they got big I could tie them or support them with the fence. Yyyyeeeaahhh, these did NOT get big or 'jumbo' as they call it. I have been gypt! These have to be the smallest sunflowers I have ever seen! Good grief!But alas, they are still pretty, not quite what I had in mind, but pretty all the same!See how tall they are? See how many actually made it out of a WHOLE packet? Next year I'm telling you! Next year! So an update on the O'Paulson's. Harriet is no longer MIA, she's now made her web where Seamus had his web. They are playing musical webs. SICKOS!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think your pumpkins and squash needed more ground then the pot could give them. Nice looking plants though. The sunflowers cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the sunflowers did you? LOL I think for next year I am going to put them in the back yard by the fence where the Lilac tree is. Kinda keep it back there.

    ReplyDelete

Music That Moves You

I don't know about you guys, but there are times in my life that are defined by music. The summer after I graduated High school was Tom...